Add Nav to 2019 SEL

Keithb

We purchased our daughter a 2019 Edge SEL that has the 8" display but not Navigation.  I've read threads elsewhere about obtaining a license, etc. but wasn't sure if that still applies.

I've also see where you can replace the module on the back side of the monitor?  If I replaced this module with one from a VIN that had Navigation, would it be ready to go?  Or is there anything else that needs to happen?

Has anyone ever added Navigation successfully without purchasing a full system?

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Easier to just use Waze with applink or google maps with CarPlay or android auto.

Thanks for the reply.

Does that show the posted speed limits, etc?  She just turned 16 so she's a fairly new driver and was hoping to give her all the info we can without having to plug her phone in..

2 minutes ago, Keithb said:

Thanks for the reply.

Does that show the posted speed limits, etc?  She just turned 16 so she's a fairly new driver and was hoping to give her all the info we can without having to plug her phone in..

Not sure but it’s easy to test - just use the phone by itself with Waze, Apple Maps or Google Maps.

one thing to keep in mind is the built in Nav has older maps and a lot of the speed limits are no longer correct.

Thanks for the replies.

I was just hoping for something that she didn't have to plug her phone in for tying that up.

I was hoping that surely someone has just tried replacing the module to see if it worked.  I thought I could find one from a wrecked vehicle if so.