F-150 to Edge Decision

orthodoc

Newbie.  I have had a series of F-150s starting in 2011.  I currently have a 2017 4WD SCREW, XLT with the 2.7 Eco. My current lease  expires July, 2020.  I am getting tired of the big vehicles.    While I like the truck, I am just ready for a change.  Has anyone out there made the change I am contemplating?   We make several 800mi. round trips to another residence each year.  I have never had an uncomfortable moment in the truck, and that is one factor pointing to buying out current lease or re-upping for another F-150.  On the other hand, wifey feels she has to take everything she owns and be prepared for any eventuality, so we pretty much load the truck for each trip.  I would be very happy to have to load less.  Any thoughts or clarifying questions will be appreciated.

• Confused 1

We had a 2008 Edge and now a 2016 MKX.  I used to drive Rangers but switched to cars for 20 years before I bought my 2018 F150.  The only issue you might have is that the seat is much smaller in the Edge (also the steering wheel).  It feels strange moving from the F150 to the Edge but you get used to it.  I would suggest an extended test drive but otherwise it's a great vehicle.

I’ve had full size pickups for forty years. Didn’t think I could do without them. 

Last March we bought a condo with what’s essentially a 1 1/2 car garage, so the truck had to sit outside. After a couple of months I looked at smaller trucks and the salesman suggested I try an edge. 

Six months later, I love the edge. It’s comfortable, good on gas (2.0 turbo) and easy to drive. It’s a 2017 with 38,000 miles and in perfect condition. 

There have only been a couple of times I needed a truck, but both of my sons have one. Last week I bought three Base cabinets at Lowe’s for our family room. Had to make three trips to get them home. Really wasn’t a big deal and I really don’t miss the truck. 

in fact, after driving the edge for six months, my sons truck felt almost too big !! Haha

• Like 1

I have an '06 F150screw Lariat 5.4l ,,,,it's been our daily driver both for short and long hauls.  It has 210,000 miles on it & still going strong with no end in sight.

I just purchased a gently used ' 16 Edge sport awd, 2.7l twin turbo eco boost.......took it out for a spin last Saturday, it is comfortable, quiet loads of room,,,,,,way too many options & gadgets for what I'm used to. I wanted the Edge,my honey wants to keep the truck for awhile just incase we need to haul a ton of stuff or something really ginormous.

We've got friends who have pickups if we need a helping hand. lol   I'm located in CANADA and we head to our place up North each weekend which is around $ 100  per weekend in fuel. We usually have a few items in the bed, nothing to justify keeping it as our dd

My Edge is being delivered end of week after some steel rims & winter tires get installed.....we ha about 12 " of snow on the weekend, so the all seasons need to be put to bed till spring. It's all what you get accustomed to driving.  I know we'll love the Edge & so will you!    P.s.  my Edge goes like snot when you step on it.

Cheers

Edited by Foxhollow

• 4 months later...

I have fit a full sized queen mattress in mine, two mountain bikes and two passengers, large wooden fur it sure 2x4 all the time, you name it I’ve tried to fit it in there. The escape is really cool if your tiny but for you might even suggest the Explorer. I can and have fit just about everything into my 15 Edge sport with the panoramic roof 

On 1/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, Foxhollow said:

I have an '06 F150screw Lariat 5.4l ,,,,it's been our daily driver both for short and long hauls.  It has 210,000 miles on it & still going strong with no end in sight.

I just purchased a gently used ' 16 Edge sport awd, 2.7l twin turbo eco boost.......took it out for a spin last Saturday, it is comfortable, quiet loads of room,,,,,,way too many options & gadgets for what I'm used to. I wanted the Edge,my honey wants to keep the truck for awhile just incase we need to haul a ton of stuff or something really ginormous.

We've got friends who have pickups if we need a helping hand. lol   I'm located in CANADA and we head to our place up North each weekend which is around $ 100  per weekend in fuel. We usually have a few items in the bed, nothing to justify keeping it as our dd

My Edge is being delivered end of week after some steel rims & winter tires get installed.....we ha about 12 " of snow on the weekend, so the all seasons need to be put to bed till spring. It's all what you get accustomed to driving.  I know we'll love the Edge & so will you!    P.s.  my Edge goes like snot when you step on it.

Cheers

I put full  snow tires On during winter and have plowed through northern Idaho snow better than trucks with big tires. I have never slid with the  snow tires On even when small patches of ice the other wheels handle the lack of traction if you rev. Watch the awd and wheel power in the display. If you let off and then  rev when you start to loose traction it will figure it out.