Adaptive Cruise control from 2019 on 2017

Yes, the new system incorporates the windshield camera as well as the radar.  The modules that are used for Adaptive Cruise include the PCM, BCM, SCCM, Gateway, ABS, RCM, IPMA, IPC and CCM.  Chances are you'd have to replace most of those because the software you need likely wouldn't be compatible with the modules you have.  It will likely end up being cheaper to swap out your 2017 for a 2019 vehicle than it will be to try to correctly update the ACC on your 2017.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Yes, the new system incorporates the windshield camera as well as the radar.  The modules that are used for Adaptive Cruise include the PCM, BCM, SCCM, Gateway, ABS, RCM, IPMA, IPC and CCM.  Chances are you'd have to replace most of those because the software you need likely wouldn't be compatible with the modules you have.  It will likely end up being cheaper to swap out your 2017 for a 2019 vehicle than it will be to try to correctly update the ACC on your 2017.

You mean camera behind the windshield on the back side of the mirror? I have it also

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You have a camera, but you don't have the IPMA module that interprets the image so that the ACC can use it.

ok, isn't IPMA is the module that enables the lane keeping assist that my Edge already has? Just to clarify I have all the features that are possible on Edge

Edited by protspace

22 hours ago, dajo2012 said:

I am trying to figure out a camera in the upper windshield can see around the front of the car and see the ground?

Why would it need to?  It's looking ahead at the car in front of you.  It would never let you get close enough to something that it would lose sight behind the front of the car.  Besides the radar is still there, it can "see" everything in front and isn't blocked by the hood.  The cameras that are used in the 360 parking view is mounted in the front grill, not the windshield.