Does your climate control start up with own settings?

rwhite159

Our 2018 edge titanium starts up with its own controlled settings. Such as both seats are either blasting a/c or heat, even though when we left the car they were turned off. Also it will have defrost or a/c directed at feet and not the face vents.  Auto a/c is not on so i dont understand why its doing this.  Frustrating having to jack with all the a/c settings everytime we get in.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

This can be controlled by settings on left side of info center for remote start climate can be either auto (default) or last climate setting at the time the car was shut off. Yours must be set at automatic hence the heat or a/c based on the interior temperature of the car. This is detailed in the owners manual.

Edited by Edg
spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Edg said:

This can be controlled by settings on left side of info center for remote start climate can be either auto (default) or last climate setting at the time

the car was shut off. Yours must be set at automatic hence the heat or a/c based on the interior temperature of the car. This is detailed in the owners

manual.

Thank you ill take a look at it when wife gets home from work!

Check your owner's manual.  Your heated/cooled seats can be set to come on when you use the remote start based on the temperature in the car.  The heat or AC system will either activate based on that same criteria or based on your last settings as determined by the check boxes in the left side display.  There may be other settings in that display you might want to experiment with to see if the start up behavior is more to your liking.  

If the system still seems glitchy roll by your dealership and speak with the person who normally sits in a vehicle to walk new owners through all the systems.  If there's still an issue, see if you can have someone cold start another Titanium edge on the lot to see if it behaves the same way.  If not you might have a warranty issue to speak with the service manager about.

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

Check your owner's manual.  Your heated/cooled seats will come on when you use the remote start based on the temperature in the car.  The heat or AC system will either activate based on that same criteria or based on your last settings as determined by the check boxes in the left side display.  There may be other settings in that display you might want to experiment with to see if the start up behavior is more to your liking.   If the system still seems glitchy roll by your dealership and speak with the person who normally sits in a vehicle to walk new owners through all the systems.  If there's still an issue, see if you can have someone cold start another Titanium edge on the lot to see if it behaves the same way.  If not you might have a warranty issue to speak with the service manager about.

Appreciate the info.  i know for a fact wife doesnt use the remote start.  Im definitely going to take a look at all the settings and go from there

Pretty easy to set the way you want. I leave it on auto as the few times i use remote start are when it's either very cold, snowy and icy windshield or very hot and remote start it to melt the windshield and back window, get it toasty inside or cool it down. I can see why you might want to choose the last climate setting though if you use remote start frequently and you're in a warmer climate   

4 minutes ago, Edg said:

Pretty easy to set the way you want. I leave it on auto as the few times i use remote start are when it's either very cold, snowy and icy windshield or very hot and remote start it to melt the windshield and back window, get it toasty inside or cool it down. I can see why you might want to choose the last climate setting though if you use remote start frequently and you're in a warmer climate   

Yes we live in central/southern texas so its pretty warm here most the year.  And the car is parked in garage so thats why the remote start isnt used much.  Ive got the f250 and always use my remote start since parked outside.