De-Chroming 2012 Edge Limited

mikeyhd

I understand that new black primered front grill inserts are available online.

About the chrome side mirror and door handles....... they "feel" like they are stuck on with adhesive. Has anyone removed them without damage? Was thinking of a heatgun and trying to pry them off by hand.

Chrome window trim. They do NOT look like "stuck on" pieces and I am thinking Plastidip spraying them. Same for rear hatch chrome trim and headlight trim.

Any advice from experience would be helpful.

Thanks, Mike

On 2/5/2020 at 9:32 PM, mikeyhd said:

I got it used at an amazing price back in 18', they accidentally priced it as an SEL and it has everything available that year. Love the car just want to blacken it.

My 2019 Edge SEL is done on the rear and sides for de-chroming. I will work on the grille later.

20200207_122545[1].jpg

20200211_123412[1].jpg

20200211_123338[1].jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I just purchased this 2017 Edge Titanium end of 2020 -  It was a 1 owner 50k - it had been special ordered with some Sport upgrades (mainly the sport seats) --and the V6 motor, which is the primary reason I bought it (not a fan of Turbo's).

It was fully chrome as the Titaniums are, so for my Xmas present to myself, I had it Plasti-Dip (Front Grill, chrome window trims, factory rims and the rear EDGE & TITANIUM emblems).  I also put on WeatherTech winder deflectors, and I ordered Back Carbon Fiber vinyl decals to cover the Ford Logo badges, and I left the front grill all Matte finish (I may peel off the dip to get a OEM black Logo) not sure yet. 

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg