Heated Steering Wheel Stopped Working on a 16 Sport

So, after some research I found on the F150 site that heated steering wheels with adaptive steering have the HSWM built into the SECM and need a new steering wheel if the heating fails on the wheel. I have a 2016 Edge Sport and I'm not finding the same info here. It just stopped working so I haven't been able to check the fuse box yet. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue where the steering wheel did NOT need replacing, such as the issue being a fuse, or discounting the battery to reset the system (saw a YouTube video of an Explorer where a battery disconnect reset some electronic controls, like the folding mirrors) or something similar I can check before taking it to a dealer. I searched this forum and didn't find much on the issue for the Edge. If anyone has any input I'd appreciate it!

Thanks, and sorry if this is been posted/answered a ton. I'm both new here and to Ford (but I did do a search first :) ) 

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, wineguygk said:

I am having the same problem with my 2016 edge.  Did you ever figure  out how to test it?  Thanks

The fuses are hard to get to, but I did check it and it wasn’t the issue. Apparently, the heated wheels tend to fail after 2-3 years of heavy use, and both I and the original car owner are in the PNW, so pretty much daily in the winter. I had to replace the whole wheel for about $3000 with the adaptive steering; they can look by VIN. But, for me it was worth the cost in the end. I did get another 2 year (maybe 3, I’d have to look at the paperwork) warranty on the replacement wheel. 

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, TheyCallMeTheMayor said:

Oh dear God don't tell me it's that expensive... just picked up my '18 Sport last night and it's the only thing wrong with it..  Maybe they'll be nice and fix it. Maybe......... maybe.

Mayor...Stig? I admire your hope, though futile it may be. I paid $2701.08 including a 10% sales tax going through a dealership. There were no third party sites with stock when I replaced my wheel like above, and I looked. In the end it was worth the cost to me, but now work is relocating me to Tampa so I'm sure it'll come in handy on those frigid 70-degree mornings. 

• Sad 2

• 2 months later...

18 Sport with Adaptive steering --- steering wheel has been replaced BY FORD 3 times now- and not once has this been resolved it.  What the hell are they missing?? Please someone anyone-- what are they doing over there??!? They've this rep and that rep from Ford etc-- I feel like they're guessing- except the guess is the SAME PART over and over...