2020 edge titanium steering wheel doesn't heat up

My steering wheel gets barely warm in corners, but overall it's cold.  The dealership checked the computer settings and said it's working, but obviously it isn't.  This is my 4th vehicle with a heated wheel--not Fords--so I know what to expect.  I've never had to use gloves with a heated wheel.  Tonight it was 32 outside, and the wheel was still cold.  This sounds similar to posts I've read about the 2019 model. 

Huebie,

First let the warranty do its job.  The ultimate fix would probably be a whole new steering wheel. 
Another possible solution: Use FORScan to check/change settings.  Here's a paste from the F150 spreadsheet that 'should' work in your Edge (not a lot of feedback for 2020 models yet).
image.thumb.png.7601b00e7c6f93485a37a66c4d56307a.png

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Huebie said:

My steering wheel gets barely warm in corners, but overall it's cold.  The dealership checked the computer settings and said it's working, but obviously it isn't.  This is my 4th vehicle with a heated wheel--not Fords--so I know what to expect.  I've never had to use gloves with a heated wheel.  Tonight it was 32 outside, and the wheel was still cold.  This sounds similar to posts I've read about the 2019 model. 

Welcome !!!!

My 2017 Sport's wheel gets comfortable in 30 seconds and cosy at 1 min.

Never had the need to use gloves.

Make arrangements to meet the service manager first thing in the morning and do a comparative test with similar vehicles in their lot - one of the cheap IR temp guns and a stop watch would be handy.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 2

Thanks, we bought an IR temp gun today, and we're charting the temps until Wednesday's service appt.  Today it got very warm in the 10 position, but the rest of the wheel was cold.  Yesterday there was a warm spot at 5, and the rest was cold.  There has to be something wrong.  We also tested a new car on the lot yesterday, and it was warm.

Edited by Huebie
  • Like 1