Maximum All Terrain Tire Size on 2014 Edge

Drew89

Before I get slammed, I did do a search for previous posts and there was never a concrete answer. Just a suggestion to check out tirerack.com and use their calculator. But that does not help my situation. The site just tells me my stock size is 245/60/18 and shows me larger rim sizes I can upsize too.

I want to find out how I can run a tire like the Goodyear Wrangler Duratec or BF Goodrich KO2. My first option would be to find a size to fit on the stock 18" rims. Is it possible to use a 255/70/18 tire on the stock rim?

If not, can you please let me know what aftermarket rim size and tire size I would need to be able to run this setup?  Would a 265/65/17 tire work with lets say a KMC 17"rim?

Ideally looking to run the biggest off road/all terrain tire possible all year round. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Southside said:

after sliding around on slush and snow I'm thinking about some good'ole All-Terrain T/A KOs. Looks like some 18" have an OD close to the factory conti's OD on my ST so now have to figure out wheels. Any suggestions on good 18" wheels for a '20 ST?

You would be far better off with winter grips.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What on earth suggests winter grips are better for slush? I’ve run T/As for many years and know that they are good in heavy snow and slush up to about 65 mph. The winter grips tread looks like it’s going to be planing well before 65.

Edited by Southside

• 3 weeks later...

Im taking off our factory 21's and putting on some factory take off 20's that I just purchased on Ebay and will be wrapping them in the 245/50R20 Toyo AT3 tires for the remainder of winter. Granted its a "stock size", but once I get them on I can give you a better suggestion on how big of a tire you can fit in there.  I can certainly tell you that the 40 MTRs I just took off my good ole 2001 F350 will not fit :).  

According to this tire calculator I am sure your suggested combo will fit because the overall size difference is fairly small.  Remember that if the overall height gain is 1 inch taller than stock, that means your Edge will gain ONLY a 1/2 inch more ground clearance.

image.png.4cb48a889622f1720c2843f839c425b9.png

• 3 years later...