Tell me about your mods ?

Hello I’m relatively new here. I own a 2013 ford edge sport awd. I have a tune done by torrie at unleashed tuning. Great way to unlock that little 3.7 ! Other modifications include heavily tinted windows. I have photophobia and have a doctors note for my condition. I run 5% over 25% on the front windows, 1% over factory privacy glass in the back, & 35% on the windshield. I live in Texas and will be moving to California in the next couple of months so unfortunately I’ll be having to take it off in order to comply with that state’s laws until i get a doctors note there. Tell me about your modifications and your experiences with them ! Reliability, changes, fun-o-meter :) 

Thanks

Moving from Texas TO California?  That's certainly bucking the trend but at least renting a UHaul will be really cheap.    I'm in Arizona (another alternative for the flood of fleeing Golden Staters).  A truck from here to Southern California rents for $100 but coming this way is $1000.

To answer your question, just spend a lot of time reading through this section of the forum to get ideas.  Pay special attention to the 'What Have You Done To Your Edge Lately?' thread.  If you're on Facebook look for the MacT Ford Edge group.  Every group has its own personality.  While many seem focused on changing wheels and comparing paint, that group gets serious about mods and maintenance.

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Moving from Texas TO California?  That's certainly bucking the trend but at least renting a UHaul will be really cheap.    I'm in Arizona (another alternative for the flood of fleeing Golden Staters).  A truck from here to Southern California rents for $100 but coming this way is $1000.

To answer your question, just spend a lot of time reading through this section of the forum to get ideas.  Pay special attention to the 'What Have You Done To Your Edge Lately?' thread.  If you're on Facebook look for the MacT Ford Edge group.  While most groups seem focused on changing wheels and comparing paint, that group gets serious about mods and maintenance.

damn, @037 our groups are only good for wheels and paint, I'm pretty sure your group is nothing but modded sports convo's, guess only sport turbo owners would know that though

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 3:56 AM, AkMan13 said:

Hello I’m relatively new here. I own a 2013 ford edge sport awd. I have a tune done by torrie at unleashed tuning. Great way to unlock that little 3.7 ! Other modifications include heavily tinted windows. I have photophobia and have a doctors note for my condition. I run 5% over 25% on the front windows, 1% over factory privacy glass in the back, & 35% on the windshield. I live in Texas and will be moving to California in the next couple of months so unfortunately I’ll be having to take it off in order to comply with that state’s laws until i get a doctors note there. Tell me about your modifications and your experiences with them ! Reliability, changes, fun-o-meter :)

Thanks

sadly, not much is available for the Edge as a whole and you are already tuned, intake/exhaust/springs tend to be the end for most 1.5 gen Sport owners

• Sad 1

I see.. well being that it’s the 3.7 found in the mustang, would it be possible to switch some things over ? I was talking with my tuner and they said i would be able to get onto e85 with a few modifications (fuel pump,line, and injectors). I don’t know why but I’ve always loved that police interceptor explorer look and wanted to get some 18in steelies for it and get it on different tires. Being as the current 265/40R22 arent exactly the smoothest or eco friendly out there.  

3 minutes ago, AkMan13 said:

I see.. well being that it’s the 3.7 found in the mustang, would it be possible to switch some things over ? I was talking with my tuner and they said i would be able to get onto e85 with a few modifications (fuel pump,line, and injectors). I don’t know why but I’ve always loved that police interceptor explorer look and wanted to get some 18in steelies for it and get it on different tires. Being as the current 265/40R22 arent exactly the smoothest or eco friendly out there.  

there is a performance site that specializes in the 3.7 mustang go fast parts, I cannot recall the site at this time though.