2007 Edge Won't Start Anti Theft Light Flashes

Our Edge wont start and noticed the anti theft light started flashing rapidly while trying to start. Every once in a while you can try and it will start right up with no anti theft lights but has left me stranded a few times. We just had a new computer and keys done a year ago and am hoping not to have to pay that again! We have tried a bunch of different internet hacks to get passes it with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem?

We have a 07 Edge with the same no start problems, 3 times now it will crank and not start. Once the low fuel light was on and parked on a incline, we pushed it down the drive and it started. Other times just crank and try different things it started drove to AutoZone to scan computer no codes.  Anyone have any idea what the problem could be. Thanks 

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 Ford Edge. It will not start 80% of the time and the anti theft light flashes rapidly. The next time it might start right up but if it does then the lights will come on and then turn off. The radio was playing and now it will not turn on at all. My air would not turn on and then finally it kicks on. My battery is good, bought a new transponder, locksmith said keys are still good. What is the problem?

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
6 hours ago, firefly21us said:

I’m having the same issues. I replaced the battery and starter. I still have to keep a jumper pack with me just in case it won’t start. Anti theft light blinks like crazy when it won’t start.

If the jump-start pack gets it going, then your new battery is bad or you have a parasitic draw, so best get the battery load tested and do a parasitic test.