2019 Edge - Rear passenger seat speaker / door rattle with bass & volume up

Depending on the frequency and volume of bass , my passenger door speaker is rattling in the back seats....

its very noticeable and annoying...

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if its the speaker thats blown or broken,  or if its the actual

door panel itself ?  Can I check myself somehow?

I am under warranty bumper to bumper for another 2 years, is it possible I can get the car checked

out at a dealer and the speaker replaced if it is indeed blown or broken?

thanks for your input,  this is my first ford ever and im very happy with it  bought it used with very low mileage

and the only real issue is this speaker rattle....

Edited by joepipe

On 4/6/2020 at 12:25 PM, joepipe said:

Depending on the frequency and volume of bass , my passenger door speaker is rattling in the back seats....

its very noticeable and annoying...

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if its the speaker thats blown or broken,  or if its the actual

door panel itself ?  Can I check myself somehow?

I am under warranty bumper to bumper for another 2 years, is it possible I can get the car checked

out at a dealer and the speaker replaced if it is indeed blown or broken?

thanks for your input,  this is my first ford ever and im very happy with it  bought it used with very low mileage

and the only real issue is this speaker rattle....

I recently noticed something similar not sure where its coming from seems back of car anyways.  Never fails I can't own a vehicle that doesn't do this.  They must put the cheapest possible speakers in cars these days.  We haven't been doing alot of driving lately obviously so I haven't had time to diagnose the issue.  I hate the thought about taking the door apart I feel it will never go back together perfectly again.  Also not sure if its something covered under warranty. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah it’s a 15 sport and it’s the 18mm back bolts that hold in the rear seats there should be four or five of them. There’s a huge sub enclosure in there but will try to peek after work and see if I can get a pic. If they were not tightened all the way they come off because it was a crappy washer set up in my opinion. I have almost 60k miles though.

• Like 2

If it is a rattle under the back seat while driving you absolutely nuts trying to find it, try the shock.   You can see the top of the shock stem just over the height of the back tire.   Take off the tire if need be but you might be able to reach in and remove the plastic cap that conceals/protects the nut on the top of the shock.  Use a 6 or 8 mm wrench (dont remember) to hold the top of the shock from rotating.  Turn the nut with another open end wrench probably no more than 180 degrees or maybe one turn and tighten that godforsaken loose nut.  There is probably 1/64 inch or less of play.  Bang bang rattle rattle and it feels and sounds it is inside the car.   I tightened mine about 3 months ago.  Gone.  No issues now.  Horrible rattling, gone.  It rattled the seat right out of its clip mount more than once.  I was looking for a big loose bolt and it was the littel stem shock nut slightly loose.    5 minute job if the tire is off.   Seems to be a common problem.  2016 Edge AWD 2 liter Eco.  65000km at the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2