09 Edge Overheating!!

Hi! I have an 09 Edge that is overheating. The fans are not working. When I turn on the AC, I get nothing. I drew a diagram, see below. I checked the voltage. I'm getting both positive volts out to the fans, when I think there should be a ground to it. Is it possible it's the module? Even with the key off, it's showing the same except the plug with 4v shows 0v. I did take a jumper wire from battery to the fans and both fans work. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

controlmodule.jpg

1 hour ago, sixpack.sid said:

A new fan is over $100. I see there also is a coolant sensor. They cost $20. Is it possible the sensor is bad? I would hate to spend all that cash on a new fan if it's the sensor....

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Fans are more common.  Put the A/C on max and both fans should come on.  

Even if both fans are running, they could be weak. Faced this issue on my previous 2011 MKX. Fans were running, but not full speed and caused an overheat.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sixpack.sid said:

I bought a Dorman fan assembly and installed it today. Car is doing the same thing.

Did you miss this?

On 4/19/2020 at 9:52 AM, akirby said:

It doesn’t matter - the new fans come with a new module.  Get Motorcraft not aftermarket - aftermarket is crap.

There have been several cases of brand new Dorman fans being DOA.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, akirby said:

Did you miss this?

There have been several cases of brand new Dorman fans being DOA.  

UPDATE: akirby was right. The Dorman fan was DOA! I replaced it with a Motorcraft and it's fixed now. Thanks for all of the help!

Edited by 1004ron
remove double quote
  • Like 2