Confused trying to buy an Edge 08, need help!

bpmurr

I posted in this forum a while back when my girlfriend started her search for a used 07 Edge. However, I hear all this talk and ads on TV of crazy cash back. It looks like on top of A and X- Plan pricing to boot. However, I read the Ford site and nothing seems to add up to the $4k plus I see people getting. How does one pull this off? She wants to pull the trigger on one ASAP! Thanks! :)

Edited by bpmurr

I was able to pull that off, and then some.. but it was all about timing

1. they were offering like 1500 cash back at that time

2. presidents day sale was a 1000

3. x plan pricing

4. they have/had another not dated offer, seldom known about called Conquest cash for 1000 - for those of us moving from another competing brand to Ford

5. misc items like 500 back on some wheels, no license/titles fees with x plan saved

I think timing is the real key for max breaks and see about the Conquest cash. Don;t ask about it, tell them you plan to do it and you will be brining your current registration to prove you will be a new Ford owner... assuming you are :)

http://www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/offers/ see what they are currently offering in your neck of the woods

I had a feeling timing is everything. My local dealer Len Stoler is advertising $6500 back on a new Edge so I'm interested how I can get that. I'm going to call them today but I have a feeling it's a gimmick. Right now on the Ford website in the Baltimore, MD area it seems the most I could get back is about $3000.

I had a feeling timing is everything. My local dealer Len Stoler is advertising $6500 back on a new Edge so I'm interested how I can get that. I'm going to call them today but I have a feeling it's a gimmick. Right now on the Ford website in the Baltimore, MD area it seems the most I could get back is about $3000.

That typically includes all possible rebates, even those that can't be combined, and you probably won't qualify for anyway. But it also includes the dealer's discount from MSRP which is usually worth $2K or so at least.

And they're probably making some of it back by charging a large documentation fee or other fees.

The key is to get a drive out price based on your eligible discounts and rebates.

Stating the obvious, be sure you apply the discounts to the x-plan price or at least the so called "invoice" price. ( or k-plan if your an employee ! ) The invoice price is usually a few hundred higher than the x-plan from what I saw on the invoice sheets for the Edge's we looked at, since a buddy of mine is the general mgr at our local Ford dealer. In June, I got x-plan -$2000 rebate plus 0% financing on our 08 Limited - April 08 build date. Ended up at around $32,500 for a totally loaded Edge that had a $37,995 msrp window sticker. Good luck!

I'm going to see if I can get an X-Plan PIN because the dealer said they would honor it plus all the rebates and such. I might be able to get her in a new 08 Limited after all. That would be one Audi convert for Ford.

yep, you should be bale to combine rebates and x-plan and try to angle that Conquest cash and make it happen.

yep, you should be bale to combine rebates and x-plan and try to angle that Conquest cash and make it happen.

From everything I read and also the dealer when I went in tonight the Conquest cash is only for people leasing a non-Ford product. Needless to say we weren't close on numbers yet and I need a X plan PIN.

Doesn't she drive an Audi now? That's usually enough for conquest rebates.

If she leased the Audi yes, but she has a regular loan. That's the only way it works according to the dealer. We are really close on the deal but looking for another grand that we don't have.

Edited by bpmurr

That doesn't sound right at all. Have the dealer re-check it or ask another dealer.

Well she ended up buying a 09 Sport Blue (color will look great on the Edge) Milan today instead of the Edge. I wasn't crazy about the pick but it is loaded and fit better in her price range. Thanks for everyones help.