Blow off Valve Bypass Adapter

DrivingofftheEdge

3 hours ago, lildisco said:

Welp, it bolts up, but there's an electrical connection on the bpv that's not on the new BPV. Assuming that it monitors boost, so no go for me on my 2016 fwd

20200701_174654.jpg

20200701_174719.jpg

Yours did not come with this piece? That plugs into the plug you unhooked?

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/bov-cel-plug-ford-mustang-fiesta-ecoboost/

Just got off the phone with Turbosmart & they claim that the above part will not fit in the charge pipe as the mounting points are different.  They suggest using the cheater plug mentioned above & running a vacuum line off the intake manifold.  I'm not sure that i want to do this at the moment because the edge has been pretty reliable & don't want to mess that up.  I do have a vacuum line that i use for the Catch Can, but not 100% sure how that's routed, so maybe i'll look into that before i return to Summit.

7 hours ago, lildisco said:

Just got off the phone with Turbosmart & they claim that the above part will not fit in the charge pipe as the mounting points are different.  They suggest using the cheater plug mentioned above & running a vacuum line off the intake manifold.  I'm not sure that i want to do this at the moment because the edge has been pretty reliable & don't want to mess that up.  I do have a vacuum line that i use for the Catch Can, but not 100% sure how that's routed, so maybe i'll look into that before i return to Summit.

believe all of us with a real BOV have a vacuum line ran to the intake manifold. did your kit not ship with anything but the BOV? mine came with vacuum lines, a T and the plug I linked

My CX7 came with one, this was supposed to be a direct swap or at least that was my understanding. I could do that, which probably would be fairly easy, but I'm a little uneasy taping into a vacuum line. I just got to look at where I spliced into a vacuum line for my Team RXP Catch Can & see if it's relatively easy to install. Plus spend the $40+ on a cheater plug

• 6 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, DrivingofftheEdge said:

A couple of things different. That's a focus pre-2015, not sure of the engine. The crossover pipe that goes from the intercooler to the inlet at the rear of the engine has the diverter valve on the bottom under the oil pan. I'll post some pics, I ordered the boomba racing adapter.

Could you share a link to where you acquired this one? My go to place for parts has been CJ pony Parts but they no longer list the adapters. 

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 5:52 AM, DrivingofftheEdge said:

I put mine on about 6 months ago, maybe more. I love it but makes me wonder if that extra air its letting off instead of recirculating is taking some performance away.

It does, that if why they have the combo valve where you can adjust how much is vented to atmosphere vs recirculating -- which keeps the turbo from having to build up pressure again. I'm not too sure you will feel a difference since the throttle is closed and the air needs to go somewhere just not in to the throttle body. 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, Lessm723 said:

Boomba racing works. Just put on this afternoon. Makes me smile every time I hear it lol. https://www.boombaracing.com/ford-ecoboost-blow-off-valve-adapter-bova-v1/

i have a 2017 2.0. Took 10 min to slap it on. Unscrew stock one put this on and stock on top. Easy peasy. 

F0DB9539-1427-4CFF-9F70-79D197765B5B.jpeg

Is that the only part I would need to order?

• 1 year later...