2008 Ford Edge SE Passenger Side Floor Flooded

Mwalsh327

Hey Fellas, 

I got a 2008 Ford Edge SE, and today I went out to the car and the entire passenger side floor was flooded. Also, I must mention we had a downpour today. I use to have issues with AC clogging and having water in the dash, for that I use to simply unplug the hose on the driver side underneath the mat, and blow some compressed air in the line and bam the car would drain the trapped water. So today's event was a little different because when I opened the car door the passenger side floor had a nice inch or so of water already. I checked around the windshield (which is still the orginal) and didn't notice any cracks or splits in the seal around it. The roof was perfectly dry within the vehicle. I attached some videos and photos if they can possibly help out. Any suggestions of solutions wold be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Mike

I could come from the drain holes of the sunroof which could be clogged... if not, I would suspect the a/c drain which could also be clogged... unless you did not notice and the passenger's door's window was not properly closed during the downpour...

Good luck,

Claude.  ;)

P.S: ---> Very important: If there is a water puddle on the carpet, it is very likely that there will be some accumulation under the carpet also.  To prevent rust and also mold and bad odours from forming, you should lift up the carpet to siphon and dry out the water from under it and don't reinstall it before everything has completely dried up! 

Hey Claude,

AC was draining properly so I didn’t suspect that being the problem. My Edge doesn’t have a sunroof. My brother-in-law actually came over and removed the paneling where the wiper blades rest on. Seems like I had plenty of tree leaves and sludge in there that clogged the drains under there. Of course while doing this it began to rain, fortunately no rain enter the car. 

Yeah I throughly cleaned the carpet, and shop vac the hell out of it. I also peeled the carpet as far back as I could and used towels to soak up as much excess water in the underlying padding. Afterwards I put some baking soda boxes in there and left the windows down to soak up as much moisture in the vehicle as possible. 

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Mike