Forescan for rear camera

I've been putting off adding a rear backup camera on my 2009 Lincoln MKX, for some time. The only good reason is, it looks to be a lot of work and I'm lazy. And don't want to pay $150 for a plug-in programmer.

Camera is easy enough, because of the rear end configuration, I'll be mounting the camera just above the license plate.

stuffing wires from the rear end to the back of the head unit is only a couple of hours, have identified the contact pins on the ACU that takes the camera input and have a harness that plugs into the ACU. But the real problem is the software code to activate the camera. Talked to a certified tech at my local Ford garage to see if I could pay them to hook up their computer and switch on the camera and he said absolutely not. Ford doesn't allow it.

Been playing with Foreskin and I think that it's located in the APIM module (as built) at 7D0-01-01-x*xx-xxxx-xxxx.

where

*=3 is for camera on, no PDC

*=9 is for camera off with PDC

*=b is for camera on with PDC.  (I would be using "b" )

I guess I'm looking conformation on the modification of the APIM AND does the BCM need to be modified as well.

Has anyone done this mod?

Did you have any problems running the camera wiring?