X-Pipe - No Resonator - MRT Exhaust

DBEDGE23

Hey everyone!

2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7 TT - Just some quick pictures of my new exhaust midsection. X Pipe - into MRT mufflers that were already installed.

Let me tell you no need to run any resonator with MRT mufflers. It sounds like someone open up the valves on a valvetronic exhaust.

You can really hear what the MRT mufflers are suppose to sound like. Taking off from a stop is awesome with a nice deep tone.

Sound clips - Idle-Rev-drive by are coming....Thanks!!

Old Mid Section.JPG

Cutting the old.JPG

New Installed.JPG

Xpipe Installed.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This post is way over due....

Click the links below for Idle and a video of some revs to about 3000-4000 rpm.

Again this is true dual exhaust with X-pipe, no resonator of course and into MRT mufflers.  I love the Turbo spool sound!!! Enjoy.

Feel free to ask any questions about the install. But is pretty straight forward.

Idle sound - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhZyi6BJtW7Vjv0pGMwwqDtVP_emfg?e=5UmPQR

Revs (Turn up your speakers and you can hear the turbos - LOL) - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhZyi6BJtW7Vjv0oE1mcu8EFNK5mpg?e=jaLtTa

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:56 PM, GhostSport_603 said:

Hey, I do have a couple questions for ya! First of all , this sounds absolutely perfect, what x-pipe did you end up using for the install? What steps did you take to remove the resonator, and will it pass inspection after the res delete? Thank you ?

The Xpipe was just put together from a local muffler shop. No special brand. Just cut off the resonator and welded the x-pipe into place. Yes, it did pass inspection in TN because the cats were not removed.