Steeda Cold Air

We just had a new edge on our dyno and where coming up with a performance tune, We where blown away with the extra power we are getting out of our cold air and tune. Its yielding about 34-36 horsepower at the wheels. That is a big number, but the best part is that it was done on 87 octane gas. So keep A eye out this tune and cold air kit will be available soon. Any question let me know, We are building a edge for SEMA and it will be in the Ford Booth. It features steeda extra's and brembo brakes, sway bars, wheels etc. So we are excited about the edge platform and going to explore all avenues with it. thanks again..

jim@steeda.com

Jim, that's one hefty increase at the wheels with an 87 octane tune.. How about a 93 tune ? It would be great if you could post the dyno sheets for stock, 87 octane and 93 octane dyno runs ! Also, what are you guys doing with the trans shifts and the drive by wire throttle response ? I'm real interested here so please post back when the tuner/intake combo is available. I'm running a 93 octane tune in the Edge now with just a K&N drop in but my F150 trucks have had a custom tune built for the AF1 intake and that really is the way to go for most power from about 15 minutes of performance mod's.

Kevin

Jim, that's one hefty increase at the wheels with an 87 octane tune.. How about a 93 tune ? It would be great if you could post the dyno sheets for stock, 87 octane and 93 octane dyno runs ! Also, what are you guys doing with the trans shifts and the drive by wire throttle response ? I'm real interested here so please post back when the tuner/intake combo is available. I'm running a 93 octane tune in the Edge now with just a K&N drop in but my F150 trucks have had a custom tune built for the AF1 intake and that really is the way to go for most power from about 15 minutes of performance mod's.

Kevin

What are you using for a tuner???

Any idea with the combined cold air kit, cutom tune of 87 octane and the Magnaflow exhaust that just came out what kind of HP numbers? Also will Steeda be develpoing some hood struts for the Edge? Some engine dress up caps would be great to with the Ford or Edge logo on them.

I have been surveying our new 08 Edge Lmtd. engine bay to see if thre is a way to make a plenum cover like Moidwest did with the Mustangs. I may call Midwest and see if I can convince them to look at making some sort of engine cover.

We just had a new edge on our dyno and where coming up with a performance tune, We where blown away with the extra power we are getting out of our cold air and tune. Its yielding about 34-36 horsepower at the wheels. That is a big number, but the best part is that it was done on 87 octane gas. So keep A eye out this tune and cold air kit will be available soon. Any question let me know, We are building a edge for SEMA and it will be in the Ford Booth. It features steeda extra's and brembo brakes, sway bars, wheels etc. So we are excited about the edge platform and going to explore all avenues with it. thanks again..

jim@steeda.com

Get that kit on the the miss's edge and It may blow the doors off my mustang gt :hysterical: 35whp is some good power numbers! How much at the wheels did the stock edge make?

bpalez,

If you are looking for an engine cover - can't understand why FORD did not decide to put one on the Edge to cover all of the wiring..???

You can use the Lincoln MKX engine cover. It fits right on.

The only drawback, It has a "Lincoln" enbossed on the cover. I don't mind it since the cover dresses up the engine bay nicely..

You can purchase the cover at your local FORD dealer for about $60CDN..

Icemann33,

Thanks, will ck it out, I could probably find a Ford or Edge logo to put over the Lincoln logo, but will ck it out.

Unfortunately I am trying to make the engine bay look like my 05 Mustang GT Showcar, but it might be a liitle bit of a stretch.

Also does anyone have any soundclips of the magnaflow or Gibson aftermarket exhaust that they have put on their Edge?