Edge headlight problems

What type of head lights do you have? Halogen would be my guess on a 2013.  If the color of the light has yellowed without changing a bulb you most likely have a a bad ground.  If you can find the ground you can clean the connection.  A bad ground will only get worse and if there are other grounds connected to the same place you may start having other problems.  Halogen usually do not dim noticeably with age,  They just reach the end of their life and stop working.  Some bulbs are tinted blue just to look good. (in some peoples opinion.)  The tinted bulbs actually reduce output and don't last long.  typically halogen color temp is 3000K  Unless the bulb is tinted it will not vary much, and most likely will not be noticeable. 

?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Calgary Dave said:

Perblue.  Bought the car new and the HID's are original, never been changed.  The bulb seems okay but the light shines "not white" some of the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

Oh ok, I put aftermarket HIDs when I had my 2013 and when they were a different color to each other it was either a ground or ballast. you could swap ballasts left to right and see if the color problem follows.

• Like 1

Hi Omar 302.  That is what it looks like.  I managed to get the bulb out, with a bit of a struggle.  I am of the opinion that if the bulb fails, it fails and does not do it gradually.  I sort of think it could be the ballast or corrosion on one of the wires although I did not see any.  I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.  I have been trying to avoid the dealership as they want $160/hour just to look. 

Dave

2 hours ago, Perblue said:

Oh ok, I put aftermarket HIDs when I had my 2013 and when they were a different color to each other it was either a ground or ballast. you could swap ballasts left to right and see if the color problem follows.

Thanks for this.  I think it could be the ballast as well.  Others have suggested that the bulb could be failing but I think if the bulb goes, it goes, and it is not a gradual fading.  

the  other thing about this is that it seems like when the ballast warms up the light goes back to white so that I think is an indication the ballast is starting to fail.  Would you agree?

Dave

3 hours ago, Calgary Dave said:

Thanks for this.  I think it could be the ballast as well.  Others have suggested that the bulb could be failing but I think if the bulb goes, it goes, and it is not a gradual fading.  

the  other thing about this is that it seems like when the ballast warms up the light goes back to white so that I think is an indication the ballast is starting to fail.  Would you agree?

Dave

Considering this try omar's suggestion first. I've always had them pop but there is always the exception. 

• 3 weeks later...