14 Edge radio swap

I have a 2014 Edge that I just recently purchased. Has the 4 inch screen with the sync, with the SiriusXM button. I get the message not equipped. So bought a radio{cd player} out of salvaged edge that was equipped with sirius and a Sdars number. It’s now active by Sirius xm but I’m still getting the same message , am I missing something here? By the way the Bluetooth is not putting out with phone calls anymore since this,Bluetooth working fine for music though .thank you in advance for any feedback.

If you plan on keeping your edge for an extended period of time. I would be re-missed if I didn't suggest going with the 8" SYNC3 conversion.

@TXFRDOwner Might just have all the parts you need in stock. Drop him a line and inquire. I have purchased 5 conversion kits from and haven't any issues to date.  Good Luck.

Edited by onyxbfly

13 hours ago, Edgeyowner2014 said:

Thanks . The conversions I’ve found were like $1800....I found a salvage with the 8inch system I’m just on the fence

You can buy all the parts individually if you like, I just always prefer/ find it easier to get everything from one person. His kits are like ~$500. I can't speak for him nor do, I want to give you misinformation. Rona has prices screwed up across the board. If you are going to DIY the project make sure you get the correct screen and get an APIM with navigation.

This thread might just be up your alley..... Definitely a cost efficient alternative that offers added value, in terms of performance and aftermarket integration over the OEM SYNC systems.  All credit goes to @redlancer for introducing the idea of an acceptable aftermarket head unit for our aging OEM units.

I have a friend that has a 14 edge with the 4" screen that is on the fence for doing a SYNC3 swap. I'll send him the info as he's not on the forum.  I know that there is a harness that is involved in converting a 4" to 8" screen.  Least we forget that the bezel (FML I can't recall the actual name for it) needs to be replaced so that you can have hard buttons for your AC/ radio etc.

If he wants to go in the direction of the Kenwood unit, we will take plenty of pics ,of the install process and include a part list.

Edited by onyxbfly

• 4 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 3:26 PM, onyxbfly said:

If you plan on keeping your edge for an extended period of time. I would be re-missed if I didn't suggest going with the 8" SYNC3 conversion.

@TXFRDOwner Might just have all the parts you need in stock. Drop him a line and inquire. I have purchased 5 conversion kits from and haven't any issues to date.  Good Luck.

Curious.  I have a 2014 with sync2.  How can this be achieved?  I have searched and not found a good guide yet.

• 2 years later...