Aftermarket headlights

14 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

the OEMassive branded ones seem to work well based on owner feedback

http://oemassive.com/headlights/

I just would love to see/learn the DRL wiring AND FUNCTIONALITY for those headlamps.

And also as importantly to know if those headlights really produce much better visibility than the not-that-good OEM projector type.  Would the high beam also activate through a shutter up and down to produce longer (upper) visibility but not really brighter visibility?

And last, in the oemassive website I don't see clarification if the price is for only one unit or for the kit of two units.  It doesn't say right or left unit so, I'd assume the price of the kit...

They look good, they're tenting...; but would they actually work (illuminate) better than the stock?

Edited by Edgingage

• 3 weeks later...

Enigma, according to EMassive website those assemblies are Certified DOT SAE Compliant.  See picture attached.

Samxander, did you get them?  Please post your experience with them if so.

Znow, could you please tell me where to find owner's feedback on those light assemblies?  I don't see any feedback in OEMassive website.

I'm interested on them, but I need to know how/if they really work well.  For instance, I wonder if the auto-dimming function is lost or still captured as I don't see the photocells in that casing.  Bulb types seem to be different from originals but which types this assembly takes?

Anyway, lots of interest from my part, but lots of questions to get answers first.

image.thumb.png.6db24f55bb67708a7b37a422a80720a0.png

100% Legal Reflector: Highly Reflective Amber Reflectors provide a safety feature giving the vehicle a OEM style presence and are compliant with DOT and SAE standards.

Edited by Edgingage