2011 Ford Edge Sync Replacement

I can't find any resources with a straight answer so I'm hoping I can come here and ask, even though I'm sure it's asked a lot.

I have a 2011 Ford Edge with the MyFord Touch system. It's dead like a lot of other peoples.

Is there a replacement that is NOT the MyFord touch for these things. If I have to, I will replace the APIM for 600 bucks but if I can, I will swap it for something better/cheaper (whichever makes more sense). So if anyone has any resources or can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Replacing the MyFord Touch screen with a used one should be relatively cheap. MyFord Touch is refferd to as "Sync 2". You can upgrade it to Sync 3 if you want a good upgrade (link to a thread).

The Sync system is actually a module (APIM) and screen. You will need both in case of upgrading to Sync 3. Your vehicle might only have a bad APIM, a used replacement on eBay is like USD 150 only (example). You will need to program it using ForScan with a compatible adapter.

Or contact @jmr061 who is a member here who might sell you one programmed ready for your vehicle.

• Like 1

The original APIMs for MFT are known to have high failure rates.  Thats why Ford did an extended warranty on them (which is expired now btw) but Ford made improvements to the APIMs and they do hold up much better now.  Problem with these other sellers is they will use whatever APIMs they can find cheap and use non ford methods of programming them.  I only provide the correct latest gen APIM for SYNC2 replacements and program them using the official Ford method which means the latest software and firmware are in them and they are linked/programmed to your vehicle in the official Ford SYNC service registry.  I charge $315 plus shipping.  I don't have any in stock right now but can track one down if you want.

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jmr061 said:

The original APIMs for MFT are known to have high failure rates.  Thats why Ford did an extended warranty on them (which is expired now btw) but Ford made improvements to the APIMs and they do hold up much better now.  Problem with these other sellers is they will use whatever APIMs they can find cheap and use non ford methods of programming them.  I only provide the correct latest gen APIM for SYNC2 replacements and program them using the official Ford method which means the latest software and firmware are in them and they are linked/programmed to your vehicle in the official Ford SYNC service registry.  I charge $315 plus shipping.  I don't have any in stock right now but can track one down if you want.

That would be great and way cheaper than every other method I've found!

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

You can find Sync 3 options pretty cheap on car-part and even ebay from time to time.  I converted my sons to Sync 3 and detailed it here.  If you get the correct screen you don't have to worry about 3D printing brackets.

Edited by Okie

• 11 months later...

jmr061, are you still doing the APIM reprogramming and module? Have a 2011 edge, sel with a black screen. Soft reset allows the radio to work, but screen stays black. Then after about 20 seconds, audio off is displayed on the dash. 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:51 AM, jmr061 said:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Does @jmr061 still offer APIM replacements?  I'm leary of all the stuff on eBay.

Thanks,

skid

Edited by skidmj

@jmr061 do you still do these APIM modules?  I clicked on the flvmods link, but it doesn't look anything like what I thought it should look like, although I am (literally) blind.  We have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL that was intermittent for a while, then totally crapped the bed.

Thanks for the time and help.

• 2 weeks later...

@jmr061 do you still do these APIM modules?  I clicked on the flvmods link, but it doesn't look anything like what I thought it should look like, although I am (literally) blind.  We have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL that was intermittent for a while, then totally crapped the bed.

Thanks for the time and help.

Try Crutchfield dot com.  They are a wonderful company and can sell you a nice system for about $800 that includes Apple Car Play (Android also).  I highly recommend this company...and I don't work for them!

• 3 months later...

I would definitely be interested in getting one from you if you can. I've been searching junk yards for months and that's one of the first things taken I guess. Email is jdabbott13@aol.com to chat further as I'm not on here that often