2013 3.5L AWD no power to the center console

on our Fusion Sport, we had to replace the fuses underhood to get power.  but it is also fairly commonplace to find that spillage of liquids like coffee and soda have compromised the power point.  you will want to check both possibilities.

if you are trying to do this with the vehicle off and key out of ignition, it may be that the power point is turned off/disabled.  i am told that on a 2011, the power points are always on, but IDK if it is the same for 2013.

Owner manual here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MCFjEgCauCwXAIKnEfvxQVUzxpHrjsln/view?usp=sharing

• 3 years later...

Hey Nooooomadskillzdid you find the solution to this issue? I have exactly the same problem. I tried to change the 29 fuser, but immediately this fuse blow again. Additionally, since I have this problem the airbag light has been on.

How did I get into this problem? Drive too hard over a speed bump!!!

As fuse 29 blows immediately, it indicates a short.

The fuse covers the radio, sync module, multifunction display and electronic finish panel.

As the EFP is most exposed, that would br my first suspect. Liquid, dirt get in? As only $65 on ebay, could try parts cannon to solve.

If not, requires unplugging everything connected to Fuse 29, replacing with new fuse and see if it pops.

If it does, wiring.

If not, replug in each component until the fuse flows.