Alot of oil in Air charge tube 2017 2.0

DrivingofftheEdge

I'm changing fluids today and of course you want to move everything you can for easy access. I take the intake tube off that goes from the compressor side back of the engine across the bottom and to the intercooler. I look at the tube on the rear engine side, not that much oil. I put my finger into the intercooler side and holy shit. My fingers are covered and the oil is extremely dirty. 

20210320_161659.jpg

20210320_161623.jpg

Edited by DrivingofftheEdge

I get that smell from time to time. I believe that my smell is from the oil cap tube as that has a more direct access to the air than the other hoses. There's another can from JLT I believe & they also smelled. Turned out to be the hoses & they offer free replacements to people who purchased the kits from them.

14 hours ago, DrivingofftheEdge said:

That is very possible. I really didnt look too much inside the intake and this is the first time taking that inlet off. The valves looked pretty clean still when I first installed the catch can and removed the intake. The only thing I do notice is the smell of hot oil while I'm driving, which is odd.

You should not be getting that smell. It indicates there may be a problem with the PVC system.  I cant explain why but I think  your catch can setup might be the source of your ongoing problems.

Supposedly the problems I was having was with the check valves. They didnt have springs in them. Once James from Rxp sent me the springs, I started getting alittle moisture and drops of oil in the catch can. The hose that comes from the PC, I can squeeze and feel the engine pulling vacuum through there. Now that I'm thinking about it, the hoses could be the wrong kind for a vacuum line.