2022 Edge timetable

23 hours ago, akirby said:

Job 1 is the start of all builds for the new model year, so none have been built yet.

I was afraid that is what you meant.  I'm guessing I won't get the one I ordered on September 28th until next year.  At least I know.

Edited by Davidoo

14 hours ago, Davidoo said:

I was afraid that is what you meant.  I'm guessing I won't get the one I ordered on September 28th until next year.  At least I know.

Most likely, but I think ok to buy will be quick with no major changes to the 22s so it’s possible if there are no big shipping delays.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:55 AM, Jeff Alan said:

image.thumb.png.c5834a6a2c3f515507397972ebd801f3.png

Mine has been "In Production" for about 10 days.

They don’t build retail (sold) vehicles right away because the first ones off the line are held for inspection and may have to wait for repairs before being shipped.  After 5 consecutive days of error free builds they start building and shipping the retail orders.  If they go 4.9 days and get an error they have to start over.  But in this case with no major changes I would expect yours to be built in the the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

The status of my custom order for a new ford edge was updated to "in production" about 10 days too.  I received an email today (just after midnight) today that it had been built on the 18th and was tentatively scheduled to be delivered within the next week!  Hopefully this means that your new Edge is close to being built as well!  

image.thumb.png.45382a081f169da978bf69af5d4a25dd.png  Fi

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 1:57 AM, Jeff Alan said:

Got email it has been been built and expect delivery Nov 24. They may be on the same truck!

Jeff,

Did your Edge get delivered?  Mine hasn't even been picked up yet (but my VIN did show up on the tracking site for the shipping company, so hopefully it's on their radar to pick up!)   My status actually went backwards. My status had updated to "shipped" for a day or two, but then went back to status of "built" and awaiting shipping.  ?  Hoping things just got backed up due to the holiday and it'll be on it's way next week!    

9 hours ago, K_O_78 said:

Jeff,

Did your Edge get delivered?  Mine hasn't even been picked up yet (but my VIN did show up on the tracking site for the shipping company, so hopefully it's on their radar to pick up!)   My status actually went backwards. My status had updated to "shipped" for a day or two, but then went back to status of "built" and awaiting shipping.  ?  Hoping things just got backed up due to the holiday and it'll be on it's way next week!    

Yeah, picked it up yesterday. Love it!

Sounds like just some transport jockeying for you and it is close. Frustrated for you though--know how the waiting is. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Alan said:

Yeah, picked it up yesterday. Love it!

Sounds like just some transport jockeying for you and it is close. Frustrated for you though--know how the waiting is. Good luck!

Glad yours arrived!  I received an email today that my Ford had shipped!  Shouldn't be too much longer! 

58 minutes ago, K_O_78 said:

Glad yours arrived!  I received an email today that my Ford had shipped!  Shouldn't be too much longer! 

Great!

I was also pleasantly surprised about the $2800 in rebates I got. Definitely much more than I would have gotten buying off the lot in September. (I'm leasing, so don't know if all of that applies for buying.)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if my dealer doesn't know what they are doing or the order was lost.  I ordered on 9/28 and the dealer still says they don't have a build date.  I think it is possible it will show up soon and they will call me to pick it up.  They said they only check build dates weekly.  

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Davidoo said:

I ordered my 2022 Edge ST on September 28th, 2021 and it still doesn't show in production on the order site.  Heck, only about 5 months and I could change my order for a 2023!

I can tell you the build date for my 2021 ST was October 2021 - I think was one of the last Edges built as there were already 2022’s on the lot when looking in November 2021.

Edited by SC_ST