Sync2 with VISKOO

Has anyone done the VISKOO mod to their Sync2 where you replace the board in the back of the APIM and you keep all the functions of the SYNC2, but yet you can also wirelessly jump into Carplay?  It's $400.00 but seems so simple, 1 part and poof wireless CarPlay...Has anyone taken the plunge and if so, happy, sad, mad??

32 minutes ago, TxBucki said:

Has anyone done the VISKOO mod to their Sync2 where you replace the board in the back of the APIM and you keep all the functions of the SYNC2, but yet you can also wirelessly jump into Carplay?  It's $400.00 but seems so simple, 1 part and poof wireless CarPlay...Has anyone taken the plunge and if so, happy, sad, mad??

You would have to be the first.   You get to improve or restore life to a dying MFT/ SYNC2 unit.   I guess this could be a cheaper alternative than swapping in complete SYNC3 kit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to all,

yes, I bought the kit and the installation was simple and without any issue.

as for steering wheel control, only volume buttons working. (Edge eco boost 2014 sel+)
as soon as you understand that you have Siri on board, it’s not a problem at all. 
highly recommend upgrade 

81D4957C-5A13-4E9D-92D3-9A7EE35848DA.jpeg

DA8E71D1-C301-49F7-AE78-BFF1CFC9C230.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Eran - glad to hear of your success.  I'm having trouble installing into my 2014 Edge Ltd with the Sony stereo.  The metal shroud around the screen and the case the new motherboard is mounted in are different than mine. The screws holding the screen in now interfere with the screen shroud and the motherboard case doesn't have the holes to remount the pull handles/mounts. Any tips?

• 2 months later...

Hi losteaglescout , 

post some pics so I can see the problems. Than maybe I can help you from my experience. 

about steering control, I found out the if I choose as input device Bluetooth streaming, all the controls are operating as expected. Vol up and down, seek, answer phone calls etc’

after 1 year with the upgrade, I’m super happy with the viskoo. Working perfectly