2017 Edge Sport Driver side brake light not working

Had a coworker notify me yesterday that my driver side brake light was not working.  Upon investigation, I found that when I press the brake, the driver side Brake LEDs flash but wont stay lit as I hold the brake (passenger side and top brake light working fine).  Obviously it cant be a bulb, so I figured must be a fuse, right? But I do not see any fuse listed as being for our brake lights.... Anybody got any suggestions on what it might be?? 

Based upon your past Forum posts, I expect this information will equip you for a likely DIY repair.

The online 2017 Edge Workshop Manual describes the Body Control Module (BCM) role in stoplamps operation…

2017 Edge Stoplamps System & Operation.jpg

And the quasi-fusing effect of the above-mentioned Field Effect Transistor (FET) in stoplamp fault conditions is described as…

2017 Edge Body Control Module (BCM) Field Effect Transistor (FET) Protection.jpg

Here is the full Stoplamps Diagnosis and Testing Procedure, though your need is only for the “One Or More Stoplamps Are Inoperative” portion, which I have expanded for the Rear Lamp Assembly Left Hand connector testing detail,

2017 Edge Stoplamps Diagnosis and Testing Procedure.pdf (download link)

which involves this Rear Lamp Assembly connector…

Rear Lamp Assembly Left Hand - C412 Connector Diagram.jpg

…and hopefully won’t progress to additional testing involving this Body Control Module (BCM) connector…

Body Control Module - C2280D Connector.jpg

Though simple, here is the Rear Lamp Assembly removal procedure...

2017 Edge Rear Lamp R & R Instructions.pdf (download link)

Wiring diagram...

2017 Edge Rear Lamps Wiring Diagram.jpg

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haz said:

Based upon your past Forum posts, I expect this information will equip you for a likely DIY repair.

The online 2017 Edge Workshop Manual describes the Body Control Module (BCM) role in stoplamps operation…

2017 Edge Stoplamps System & Operation.jpg

And the quasi-fusing effect of the above-mentioned Field Effect Transistor (FET) in stoplamp fault conditions is described as…

2017 Edge Body Control Module (BCM) Field Effect Transistor (FET) Protection.jpg

Here is the full Stoplamps Diagnosis and Testing Procedure, though your need is only for the “One Or More Stoplamps Are Inoperative” portion, which I have expanded for the Rear Lamp Assembly Left Hand connector testing detail,

2017 Edge Stoplamps Diagnosis and Testing Procedure.pdf (download link)

which involves this Rear Lamp Assembly connector…

Rear Lamp Assembly Left Hand - C412 Connector Diagram.jpg

…and hopefully won’t progress to additional testing involving this Body Control Module (BCM) connector…

Body Control Module - C2280D Connector.jpg

Though simple, here is the Rear Lamp Assembly removal procedure...

2017 Edge Rear Lamp R & R Instructions.pdf (download link)

Good luck!

Dude... That is the most in-depth, thought out, just awesome reply I could have ever asked for.  Thank you so much for taking the time.  I am no mechanic, but I do electrical/hvac work for a living and I can't wait to start testing those outputs tomorrow.  Although, I suspect this will end with me buying a new taillight at $350..  Thanks again

• Like 1