Edge headlight beams are very low

TGH

The headlights on my 2017 EDGE are aimed very low on the low and high beams. I’ve adjusted the headlights as high as they will go but they still shine low in front of the vehicle when driving.  On high beams, they are so low it doesn’t bother oncoming traffic or anyone I’m follow.

any thoughts on how to raise the aim of the lights?  The Ford dealership says ithat’s  normal due to the design of the Edge.  Thoughts? Or ideas?   I don’t see others complaining of this issue

the dealer is just fobbing you off. "normal" because they don't want to deal with it.

the first thing i would suggest is to measure the aim.if you are within spec, then that's as good as it will get. if not, then there's another problem. 

check this out: https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/exterior/lights/how-to-adjust-headlights.html#

on a related subject, the headlights on my 2016 Ti were so terrible that they were dangerous and were the absolute #1 reason why i got rid of the car and bought a new edge with the much improved LED headlights. the engineering of the standard lights in that model, and i suppose it's the same as yours, is terrible. they are weak and poorly focused. i live in an area with a ton of wildlife and it is terrifying to drive here at night.

there are many many threads in this forum that discuss how to improve the lights. be sure to check those out. i hacked some different sized bulbs to be able to use them in my headlights. they were a little bit brighter but not much. some people use LED or HID bulbs. but in the end, the reflectors and lenses just suck.

Edited by ben senise
missing word

Thanks Ben,  I had already replaced the low and high beams with LED’s which helps with brightness but not with aiming the lights higher.  I’ll need to park the Edge in front of a wall and measure the center height to see if it’s where it should be.   

10 hours ago, TGH said:

Thanks Ben,  I had already replaced the low and high beams with LED’s which helps with brightness but not with aiming the lights higher.  I’ll need to park the Edge in front of a wall and measure the center height to see if it’s where it should be.   

Well you didn’t mention that you replaced the bulbs with LEDs.  I bet the bulbs are installed wrong or just don’t work with the edge housing.

Put OEM bulbs in and see if it goes back to normal.

• Like 1