Locking Out Higher Gears without being in Sport Mode

Is there any way in Forscan to keep a gear locked out in normal driving mode?

I'm used to older Fords with the Overdrive lockout button and newer Fords that allow you to downshift and keep higher gears locked out.

It's infuriating to use the paddle shifter to downshift and then 10 seconds later, it's back to lugging in the gear I just shifted from.

I know there's sport mode, but with the 8 speeds, it's only in the lower gears for a second or two and I have to shift too quickly.

I have a 2019 Edge Titanium with 2.0L AWD

3417bf091e3a4dab939df8c6f41e1a41.jpeg

Edited by chipdog4

Have you checked to see if there are any TSBs for your transmission? I know that the STs came from the factory with some transmission bugs that were sorted out with a few firmware updates.  You have the same transmission and from what I understand the issues were not exclusive to the ST.

• 4 months later...

I wound up taking a vacation through the mountains a few months ago and discovered that it will hold a lower gear in normal driving mode (D) if you don't hit the accelerator. 

So you can downshift to engine brake but once you tap the accelerator, it will resume normal shift patterns.  (Side note: the 4 cylinder isn't great at engine braking?)