Foothills Parkway, '16 Edge Sport, Morning

Cerberus

35 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I can dig it! Always loved roof racks on hatches! Can you share the details of your roof rack? 

Sure my Edge has the Vista roof / panoramic glass roof so these details are specific to my application. If you have a flush roof or an OEM half a rack kind of thing, your details will be different.

This is a Yakima BaseLine system (that is a model name) with BaseLine towers (hence the model name) 50" CoreBars (which will fit, contrary to Yakima's info saying to use 60" bars) and two sets of base clips, 102 & 139, plus lock cores.

The lock cores are not required but considering a nearly $700 total cost in the roof rack system for parts alone, it seemed... prudent.

Pics attached of parts including part #s and prices.

You'll notice different part #s used for the same items in some cases depending on whether the info is from Yakima directly or a third party vendor but the last 3 digits are the same.

I purchased most parts through etrailer.com because Yakima did not have a few items in stock on their own site.

The set up info for installation is vehicle specific, and included below, but hard to read from the picture, so it might be best to go to https://fitlookup.yakima.com/ for more legible info.

I have had zero complaints about this rack aside from perhaps the price..

2016 Ford Edge Sport Roofrack parts 2.jpg

2016 Ford Edge Sport Roofrack parts 1.jpg

2016 Ford Edge Sport Roofrack parts 0.jpg

2016 Ford Edge Sport Roofrack setup.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...