Wireless charging port

pmbb68

Have a 2019 Edge SEL AWD with the turbo 4 cyl. Vehicle has the optional wireless charging pad.  Both of us have new OnePlus 8 Pro cell phones with wireless Q1 charging capabilities. Have tried to charge both phones in the wireless pad location(with both Otter clear protector on phone and protector removed). The screen has never indicated the phones were recognized or the phone was charging on either phone(per the Operators manual a message is suppose to indicate phone is charging). The Operators manual does not indicate anything needs to be done other than setting phone on pad to get phone to charge. Anyone else experience problem with wireless charging pad, or does some action to activate charging pad need to be preformed which manual does not indicate?

Thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...

Mine doesn't really work either. I have an iPhone 13 Pro that I can't get to charge at all. My AirPods Pro will charge but only if I take out the rubber mat and put them in a very specific spot. When I do this it makes my AirPods case really hot. Needless to say, the wireless chargers in these are probably the worst I've seen. 

I have a Samsung s20 with a protective case and the wireless charging works as intended. I don't see any notices on my cars screen when initiating wireless charging, but the phone does of course. If the phone slides off center too much I get a notice on the cars screen.

On August 1, 2022, Ford issued Special Service Message 50982 to dealership Service Department personnel, acknowledging various 2018-2022 models have a charging pad incompatibility with iPhone 12/13/Magsafe technology hardware, and recommending that owners employ USB cabling to charge these phones while in their affected Ford & Lincoln vehicles.

Good luck!