Trailer wiring harness

Hello guys,

I am installing a Uhaul towing kit and noticed what looks like an open 4 pin wiring harness connection under the rear passenger side plastic cover at the rear bumper. Is it possible this is a pre-fabricated wiring connection for trailer lights that I can plug right into instead of having to tap into the fixture wiring directly? If so any idea how I can find that harness kit? I cannot seem to find anything online explaining what this is.

This is a 2019 Ford Edge Titanium AWD

Thanks guys!

image.thumb.png.648ed5d27e42e7206a7c54e1528a81aa.pngimage.thumb.png.b228b297fa1683bcbd4c60d0798200fd.png

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, Sunnyorlando said:

If all that is needed is a supplemental power for the trailer light aftermarket module, why go through all that trouble? Instead just tap into the accessory power (cig lighter) that is in the cargo area. Add a fuse to the line and you are set. It's a minimal amount of draw and it should not be an issue.

Unless I am mistaken, most states, if not all, require trailer lights to not just light the license plate, but brakes and turn signals must be operative too.

Yes that is correct, and that's what the wiring harness accomplishes. It mentions and the instructions that it needs some supplemental power supply to be able to match the voltage, it's that supplemental power supply that I'm talking about where it can be taken from the accessory power in the back rather than running a wire all the way to the front of the vehicle or following the other directions that have been included in here. I'm wondering why is that not an option mentioned.