Power Steering keeps exploding - '13 Edge Sport

LUPID

Hi,

My 2013 Sport keeps having power steering issues. Specifically, the hose erupts where the o-ring meets the pump. It happens only on hard left turns, like in a parking lot or making a u turn. This has happened 3x now. The mechanic keeps replacing the o-ring, but since it keeps happening it feels like the problem is either in the pump, where it connects TO the o ring or the relief valves in the steering system are stuck closed (I don't know the exact term).

Is this a know issue and is there a known fix?

Thanks,

L

• 1004ron changed the title to Power Steering keeps exploding - '13 Edge Sport

how many miles on your Edge?  there is a banjo bolt kit ford issued but nothing else really for power steering.

most issues center around a hose leak needing either brazing or replacement.

if power steering has not been flushed regularly, it will cause a number of issues, ending in the failure of the pump and/or rack.

assuming ford/motorcraft parts were used.  if fluid has never been flushed, you will want to do that as well, maybe more than a couple of times, until the fluid remains pink/red and new looking.

i don't think you can actually monitor fluid pressure in the steering system, although there is a switch that sets off an alert for too high a pressure.

• 7 months later...