Place your bet... When will I receive my new Ford Ranger 2007 ???

SpykeYs

Hello folks,

As some of you know, I am waiting on a Ford Ranger since December 28th. Actually, im waiting on two to arrive.. What date do you guys think I will receive it.. Remember that I live near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada...

Here are the details:

First Ranger:

Receipt Date: 12/28/2006

Serialize Date: 1/4/2007

Segment Date: 1/4/2007

Sequence Date: 1/25/2007

Blend Date: 1/29/2007

Produced Date: 2/6/2007

Gate Release Date: 2/14/2007

Ship Date: 2/15/2007

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Second Ranger:

Receipt Date: 12/28/2006

Serialize Date: 1/11/2007

Segment Date: 1/11/2007

Sequence Date: 2/4/2007

Blend Date: 2/5/2007

Produced Date: 2/13/2007

Gate Release Date: 2/13/2007

Ship Date: 2/14/2007

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

My bet is that my dealer will receive the first one on March 1st and the second one on March 2nd... What do you guys think....

For sure, it's soon... :yahoo:

Peter

Gotta tell you that I love Ford Rangers. I think it's THE most underrated vehicle that Ford has. I have a 1993 XLT 4X4 with the 4.0L engine and it's been extremely reliable.

Congrats on getting two new ones :rockon:

Absolutely Robert!! Ive been driving Rangers since 98. I'm on my 4th lease and going for another in 08. I've worked at OTP and OAP (now OAC) for 23yrs. and have always wanted to buy something that we build but we just haven't built anything that fits my needs. Love just about everything the Edge has but I don't think I could get a load of top-soil in the back and the Ranger is a lot cheaper to go to and from work(90% of my driving) By the way,thanks for the link to the sales figures-got them the next day.

Spikey-I think you're right on with your delivery estimate, except, with the CN rail strike ongoing it could add a few days even if they go back to work early next week.

I'm hoping the Ranger will grow to a mid-sized truck with an option for a crew cab, that gets great gas milage (maybe the new 3.5L w/ 6 speed trans.). I'll be looking for another truck (currently own a Supercrew) in 2-3 years and would prefer to buy a Ford then, but right now it would have to be between a Toyota tacoma (4dr) and a Chevy colorado (4dr). I use my truck for driving to work (highways) and the weekend trips to Home Depot for home projects. I want a truck with some interior space w/ four doors, but just not a full size, and I don't need to tow 6,000 lbs. It needs to look good and ride good and quiet.

I'm hoping the Ranger will grow to a mid-sized truck with an option for a crew cab, that gets great gas milage (maybe the new 3.5L w/ 6 speed trans.). I'll be looking for another truck (currently own a Supercrew) in 2-3 years and would prefer to buy a Ford then, but right now it would have to be between a Toyota tacoma (4dr) and a Chevy colorado (4dr). I use my truck for driving to work (highways) and the weekend trips to Home Depot for home projects. I want a truck with some interior space w/ four doors, but just not a full size, and I don't need to tow 6,000 lbs. It needs to look good and ride good and quiet.

I am on the opposite send of the fence. I think the Ranger should essentially stay the same size; although, I think a crew-cab edition would be nice.

I don't think going bigger is the answer, especially with gas prices being on the up side.

I am on the opposite send of the fence. I think the Ranger should essentially stay the same size; although, I think a crew-cab edition would be nice.

I don't think going bigger is the answer, especially with gas prices being on the up side.

Agreed, and all Ford has to do is bring the 4 door model sold in most of the world, over to North America and it would be good to go.

It even has a nice 3.0L turbo diesel, how sweet is that.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsI...lian-motor-show

• 2 weeks later...

Thats Crazy!!!

Im still waiting on both vehicules to arrive to my ford dealership. I've been told that the train has arrived in Montreal (which is 2 hours from my Dealership) on Saturday... I guess they are now waiting to be put on a truck for final delivery....

Do you guys think i'll get them tommorow ?... Usually, how many days it takes for them to unload from train and load on delivery truck for final destination ?...

IM TIRED OF WAITING LOL!!

Thanks!

Peter

I'm hoping the Ranger will grow to a mid-sized truck with an option for a crew cab, that gets great gas milage (maybe the new 3.5L w/ 6 speed trans.).

WOW, I hope you are not referring to the same 3.5L 6 speed trans. that is in the Edge??? I would not consider 12-13mpg very GOOD :beatdeadhorse: <-----SORRY!

WOW, I hope you are not referring to the same 3.5L 6 speed trans. that is in the Edge??? I would not consider 12-13mpg very GOOD :beatdeadhorse: <-----SORRY!

I hope your not posting that the Edge gets only 12-13mpg cause that would be a ignorant statement to make. My mustang on the other hand does but thats when I have my foot down on the pedal for a large majority of the time.

-Dan

• 4 weeks later...