2016 Edge (European 2.0 AWD) Rear Wheel bearing

Dave C

Hi Folks,

Apologies if I haven't managed to dig out the info I am looking for from previous posts.

I need to replace the rear bearings on my 2016 Edge Sport that I have recently purchased.

Being in Ireland I will most likely have to source out of the country for the new ones.

I am unable to source the part number of the bearings?

Tried my vin number on the ford website but am hitting a dead end.

Does anyone have an Idea of the correct part number?

On a separate issue I have noticed that my heated windscreen and engine stop/start system do not seem to be working? I'm thinking a possible battery issue or something?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

when powertrain or electrical/electronic items are not working on modern vehicles, it is often useful to start by reading any OBD codes that may be present.  i recommend purchasing Forscan Lite software + the OBDLink MX+ obd adapter combo.

ASSUMING the suspension/steering is similar to stateside vehicles, you can peruse the shop manual here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1wBzOTmEZvCvnzvmTI470QBGyYX60xDBh

and parts can be looked up here:

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com

among other online ford dealers.

EDIT: and yes battery issues are quite common especially on vehicles not kept on a battery tender/driven a good amount on a daily basis.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave C said:

need to replace the rear bearings on my 2016 Edge Sport that I have recently purchased.

Being in Ireland I will most likely have to source out of the country for the new ones.

I am unable to source the part number of the bearings?

Tried my vin number on the ford website but am hitting a dead end.

Does anyone have an Idea of the correct part number?

In the US, the bearings come as part of the hub, they are not sold separately. For the US Edge Sport this is the rear hub. The US Edge rear hub is the also the same for the US Fusion. The US Fusion is sold as the Mondeo in Europe. So maybe it's the same for the European Edge.

• Like 2