2009 Edge SEL - New replacement key fob recommendations

TnMountainMan

Greetings folks. Does anyone have some recommendation for a place to purchase and / or have a new key fob cut / programmed? Any online business in particular that you would recommend for these services? I know there is a better cheaper way to accomplish this without involving a dealer so can you give this older disabled dude some insight? 

Thanks!

i hear batteries plus can program keys, you can check with them.

nowadays, hardware stores can cut the physical key.

look up ratings for fobs on amazon and pick a well-reviewed vendor.  KeylessOption is what i have used in the past.

you can have the whole package thru the mail using https://fxbgkeys.com   Jeff Leeper is a principal in the business.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 2 additional key fobs for my 09 MKX off ebay. Bought OEM from an on-line Ford dealer as I don't trust aftermarket. Had the local Ford parts department cut the keys when I was in for service (but I agree with WWWPerfA and Ford is overpriced). Programmed the keys myself. For your Edge, the  procedure is on page 119 of the owners manual.

• Like 1