P0016 2010 edge 3.5

Bbeck17

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 2010 edge limited for my girlfriend. Check engine light was on when we bought it. It runs perfect, he told me oh its just a $30 part. Believing him as it started in -20 without a hiccup, no noise. Drives perfect. We drove it back to our city (3hr drive) been driving it for 2 weeks now with no issues. I finally scanned it to find p0016. So I did do the ground test with that vvt solenoid and when grounding it while running it would stutter (assuming the solenoid is in working order) I checked phaser timing with my scan tool and it's showing 5 degrees off from side to side. I'm leaning towards maybe a stretched chain at this point, but if it was that stretched why is this thing not noise at all when cold starting, no performance issues at all. Am I missing something maybe? Just looking for some more insight before I decide to dive in on this 22hr job and dump a pile of money in parts to do it. Thanks guys

same basic procedure as for a transverse 3.5 ecoboost, as it too has the internal water pump.  the longitudinal 3.5 has an external water pump.

follow the MACT FORD EDGE series on YT for detailed steps, tricks, tips, etc.

start with this one and follow the newer ones in sequence.  also please subscribe to the channel if you like the videos.

full playlist for this series

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1