2014 Edge Electrical problems

Justin400

I'm having intermittent "Check Charging System" messages displaying on my dash cluster. I went to auto zone and the voltage read 14.2v when running, battery was looking pretty corroded and was testing bad. I replaced the battery. I'm not sure where to go next. Is it the alternator? Where do I go next with diagnosing and resolving this?

22 hours ago, Will2U said:

Not sure about 2014 Edge.  There is a You Tube that shows an Escape.  Not sure if the steps are the same for all Fords though.

This worked on my EDGE or at least the battery light flashed as in the video.

Edited by 1004ron
No need to quote everyting

• 3 weeks later...

Have a 2012 showing the same error, but only initially.  My battery terminals were very loose after a new battery was installed (surprised if started tbh).  Not sure if the computer is adjusting to the better connection now that I've fixed the loose leads. 

Your post was one of the first I found on the topic of "check charging system" so I'm still following this one. 

The video guide didn't work for my case unfortunately. 

If you have a way to watch the voltage at the battery,  you might get a better idea how your charging system is working.  Though I my case it slightly added to the confusion haha.  At least I have some data now.