Hood closed sensor location?

Troger

I can't believe I can't find this, but I've been looking online and all over my salvage 2018 Ford Edge for hours and I can't find where the hood latch sensor would be... It doesn't appear to be part of the latch itself, and I can't find a sensor that would trigger the hood being open or not. Any help and especially a picture of where the hood sensor is located would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Troy

Below is Hood Ajar Switch connector location diagram and PDF download links to relevant sections of 2018 Edge Workshop Manual, which also states... 

The hood ajar switch is part of the hood latch and not serviceable separately.

Good luck!

493631191_HoodAjarSwitchLocation-2018EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.62bb2dca5e54c66f369c7f7cda4bcdd7.jpg

Hood Latch-Hood Ajar Switch Connector Removal and Installation - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Hood Ajar Switch Connector C127 Details - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 2

Once again thank you Haz!!

I don't have that connector on my hood latch... must have broken off during the accident I guess?? 

Thank you for the info! Looks like I'm missing a wiring harness... now to figure out where it connects back into!

Thanks,

Troy

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3388.JPG

Edited by Troger
  • Like 1

It may still be there, look down from the yellow handle on the backside of the latch.

Here's a link to an ebay listing of a compatible latch. Pictures clearly show the backside. The connector is molded into the latch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143091160232?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FeI-rj_XR0m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Snv36mbbRk2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 2

I think I can see where it connected to the latch, but it's definitely no longer there :( Thanks for the part information! I'll pick up a new latch and wiring harness and hopefully I can stop getting that hood ajar message!!

Cheers,
Troy