Need Help!!! - 2010 & 2011 no start just 5 long beeps

Tony Higgins

I have 2 edges, 2010 & 2011, yesterday I was at work and went to get in the car at lunch to go eat and when I put my key in and turned the car to run there were 5 loud long beeps, and the car would not start. I checked the battery, it was good, no warning lights came on and everything worked like it should, just no start. I was able to jump the starter with a screwdriver to get it running so I could make it home. On the way home my wife texted and said her car would not start either. I make it to her work and her car does the same exact thing as mine, no start, 5 loud long beeps but will run fine when I jump the starter. She just got a new battery in hers 2 months ago. Can anyone please help me out with this? I think it's soooo crazy that we both have the same exact issue not 6 hours apart!!

Edited by Tony Higgins
  • Sad 1

• 1004ron changed the title to Need Help!!! - 2010 & 2011 no start just 5 long beeps

In the F150, if the air bag warning light malfunctions, it will beep 5 times. (Without a warning lamp, there's no way the system can inform you of a malfunction with the restraint system).

A simple way to verify this is to turn the ignition ON and check the cluster. The airbag lamp should illuminate. If it doesn’t, you will receive an alarm of 5 beeps. (Believe it's 5 long beeps for 5x.).

Another reason you could get 5 beeps is a fault in the TPMS lamp. Again look at the cluster and see if the warning lamp comes on. If "yes" its not the problem. If "no" lamp, check tire pressure are adjust on all 4 tires. Then get TP.S circuit repaired. (Believe its 5 long beeps over 3x).

Neither of these should prevent starting. If it happens again, try leaving the car in ON position, open drivers door and remove key. Then close door and try restart. Or wait until the beeping stops are try again.

May be a change if Ford warning to get your attention and not just ignore. (With cluster warning lamps out, there's no way the car can get your attention that there is a problem).

On 6/19/2022 at 1:16 AM, Tony Higgins said:

I have 2 edges, 2010 & 2011, yesterday I was at work and went to get in the car at lunch to go eat and when I put my key in and turned the car to run there were 5 loud long beeps, and the car would not start. I checked the battery, it was good, no warning lights came on and everything worked like it should, just no start. I was able to jump the starter with a screwdriver to get it running so I could make it home. On the way home my wife texted and said her car would not start either. I make it to her work and her car does the same exact thing as mine, no start, 5 loud long beeps but will run fine when I jump the starter. She just got a new battery in hers 2 months ago. Can anyone please help me out with this? I think it's soooo crazy that we both have the same exact issue not 6 hours apart!!

On 6/19/2022 at 1:23 PM, akirby said:

That sounds like an aftermarket disabler.  Where did you buy them?  New or used?

Some used car sales places add a remote cut-out which they trigger if a loan payment is missed - you might not have a loan on them, but the devices were left in the cars and somehow a signal went out to disable both vehicles.