08 limited

dbolton21xdbullet

I'm new here I just baught my wife an 08 limited with 11,000 miles. I have a couple ? with no one in the passenger seat.

shouldn't the passenger side air bag be off ?

The light came on that read passenger air bag off but it didn't stay on.

shouldn't It stay on untill someone sits in the seat.

the next ? is how do you turn on the heated mirrors.

the third ? the button beside the hazzard lights is that the traction controll switch ? And when should she use that ?

I know I could get these answers from the owners manual but It wasn't in the car my dealer is getting me one but it will take a few days.

I'm new here I just baught my wife an 08 limited with 11,000 miles. I have a couple ? with no one in the passenger seat.

shouldn't the passenger side air bag be off ?

The light came on that read passenger air bag off but it didn't stay on.

shouldn't It stay on untill someone sits in the seat.

the next ? is how do you turn on the heated mirrors.

the third ? the button beside the hazzard lights is that the traction controll switch ? And when should she use that ?

I know I could get these answers from the owners manual but It wasn't in the car my dealer is getting me one but it will take a few days.

Hi dbolton. :D I will try to answer your questions the best I can in a short reply. But there is much more information in your Owners Manual (when you get it) than I can copy and paste here. Several pages alone (plus diagrams and charts), just concerning the airbags.

So first things first. You can download a PDF version of your Owners Manual, Maintenance Schedule and Warranty Guide here:

LINK: Owners Manuals

Fill in the drop down boxes and click "Submit". Then click on "Owners Guide".

Next, to answer your questions:

1 - No, the "Passenger Airbag Off" light will not stay on when there is no passenger in the seat. However, you are correct that if there is no passenger, the airbag will not inflate in an accident,

The "Passenger Airbag Off" light will always momentarily illuminate when you start the car, but then it will normally go out. It will not stay illuminated when there is no passenger in the seat. So just because there is "no passenger in the seat" is not one of the occasions when that light illuminates. Here is a short copy and paste:

Note: The indicator lamp will illuminate for a short period of time when

the ignition is turned to the ON position to confirm it is functional.

When the front passenger seat is not occupied (empty seat) or in the

event that the front passenger frontal airbag is enabled (may inflate), the

indicator lamp will be unlit.

2 - The heated mirrors switch on when you turn on the rear defroster, and turn off when the rear defroster is turned off.

3 - That button is your AdvanceTrac with RSC button. Part of the entire "AdvanceTrac with RSC" is Traction Control. The AdvanceTrac (and Traction Control) is always activated when you start the car. Pushing the button deactivates Traction Control. Pushing it again, while it is turned off reactivates it Your wife (and most people) should simply leave the button alone and leave the Traction Control on. The only time the Traction Control should be turned off is when someone needs to spin their wheels. Since the need for spinning wheels is extremely limited to certain situations (i.e. trying to get out of deep snow or mud), always leaving the AdvanceTrac System (and the Traction Control) on is the best thing to do. So telling her to leave the button alone is the best course of action.

Be sure that your Dealership furnishes you with your copy of the Owners Manual. There is tons of information covering your new Edge, much more than could ever be conveyed here.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530