2018 Ford Edge No Tweeter Wiring Rear Door

Hi All,

Few days back I opened the rear driver door for dampening and saw that the tweeter wasn't connected. I never sat in the rear seats so never noticed this but found this very disappointing as you can tell that something is not right when you hear song in the back seat. I am not sure how this is even possible but does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks!

Below as PDF download links are rear door speaker wiring diagram, speaker connector details, speaker removal & installation procedures, and in case you need it, door panel removal and installation procedures.

The wiring diagram and connector detail appear to show the tweeter wiring jumps up from the door speaker connector. If you cannot locate the unconnected tweeter harness inside the door cavity, you could probably order the appropriate pigtail connector kit or use generic audio connector pins and the proper gauge wire indicated in the connector details to create your own tweeter harness extension from the door speaker connector.

Good luck!

Edge Sony Rear Door Audio Wiring Diagram - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Speaker Left Hand Driver's Side - Connector C702 - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Tweeter Speaker Left Hand-Driver's Side - Connector C730 Details - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Speaker Right Hand Pass Side - Connector C802 Details- 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Tweeter Speaker Right Hand-Pass Side - Connector C830 Details - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Audio Connector Locations Left Hand-Driver's Side - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Audio Connector Locations Right Hand-Pass Side - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Speaker LH Removal and Installation - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Speaker RH Removal and Installation - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Tweeter Speaker Removal and Installation - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Trim Panel Removal and Installation - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Rear Door Window Control Switch Removal and Installation - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Haz

My bad, I meant to say there is no wiring coming for the Rear Driver Side Tweeter. I checked, all plugs were connected so no unconnected wiring there. Not sure why there is no wiring coming to the tweeter.

Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by bhamraS97

Possibly a misbuild outcome, where the wrong wiring harness was installed in the door at the Assembly Plant. 

If you have Ford ESP/Ford Protect extended warranty -- or even if you don't, it may be worth checking with your dealer.

Good luck!

• Like 1