Driver Assist traffic sign recognition - speed warning chime

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the volume of the chime that accompanies the flashing speed limit sign when drifting over the speed limit?

I've found the setting to adjust the tolerance of the warning but not the volume of the chime, which is barely audible.

Can it be done using ForScan?

image.png.29db21db69cb2ce0ee0341705f1b0347.png

Edited by niceonept

Have you tried to adjust the volume with the audio volume knob while the chime is going off?

The only way I found to adjust the navigation voice prompts is while the voice is active.

So, um ya, I am not advocating that you  go over speed limit and try adjusting the volume with the audio knob, but there it is. ?

I don't think we have that speed limit alert in the States.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 4:15 PM, ebank said:

Have you tried to adjust the volume with the audio volume knob while the chime is going off?

The only way I found to adjust the navigation voice prompts is while the voice is active.

So, um ya, I am not advocating that you  go over speed limit and try adjusting the volume with the audio knob, but there it is. ?

I don't think we have that speed limit alert in the States.

Thanks, yes I've tried that but it doesn't work. The chime just doesn't last for long enough to coordinate increasing the volume at the same time.

I'm not familiar with this system, but have you tried the settings in the navigation menu? Seen where a similar question was posted in a different forum and the responder indicated that the speed was determined by the car using the GPS (yea, I wondered about that as well) and the warning was controlled in the navigation menu. The OP was also dissatisfied with the quietness on the alarm. 

Personally I get it from my radar detector and find it annoying. After all, the reason I bought a radar detector in the first place was to ....... (think I'll just shut up now). 

19 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I'm not familiar with this system, but have you tried the settings in the navigation menu? Seen where a similar question was posted in a different forum and the responder indicated that the speed was determined by the car using the GPS (yea, I wondered about that as well) and the warning was controlled in the navigation menu. The OP was also dissatisfied with the quietness on the alarm. 

Personally I get it from my radar detector and find it annoying. After all, the reason I bought a radar detector in the first place was to ....... (think I'll just shut up now). 

Thank you. I've tried every single menu on the car, including the Navigation one, but to no avail. I was hoping someone might know if it could be changed using Forscan.