Auto headlamp setting so they're on during the day?

tmk1965

I've just purchased a 2008 AWD Limited - very happy so far.

A question about the auto headlamps . . . Is there a way to always have the headlamp on even during the day in the auto headlamp mode? I'd like to have them on all the time for safety reasons. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

Tom

A question about the auto headlamps . . . Is there a way to always have the headlamp on even during the day in the auto headlamp mode? I'd like to have them on all the time for safety reasons. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

Tom

Turn on the regulart headlamps.

Tom

DRL's (daytine running lamps) are set by the lamp control module - not the auto headlamp switch. Your dealership can reprogram the lamp control module for DRL. Search the threads and you will find several different experiences. Most dealerships will charge you an hour of labor time to reprogram the computer. If you had made the reprogramming part of the purchase agreement, it would have been cheaper or free.

Canadian vehicles are already programmed for DRL's.

I had the same thought. I placed a piece of electrical tape over the sensor in the middle of the dash. It works just fine. Lights come on when I start the car. :yup:

yeah.. but then if you have nav it dims that into night mode and turns on interior lights and such during the day.. thats a bit of an ugly hack no doubt :)

just go to the dealer and have them turned on as was mentioned above

I had the same thought. I placed a piece of electrical tape over the sensor in the middle of the dash. It works just fine. Lights come on when I start the car. :yup:

Why not just leave the switch in the ON position? The Edge has a battery saver that will turn them off after a few minutes, then they turn back on when you start the car. This way you don't have to worry about the interior lights dimming all the time.

Why not just leave the switch in the ON position? The Edge has a battery saver that will turn them off after a few minutes, then they turn back on when you start the car. This way you don't have to worry about the interior lights dimming all the time.

because DRLs - what he wants - do not come turned on from the factory. the dealer must do it via computer. just turning on the on switch, and having DRLs that are on when the switch is in the auto position are totally different needs.

Edited by Lex Talionis