Gas piston hood struts installed

Yet another mod for ya... Redlines QuickLIFT PLUS system

Always have hated the prop rods, kinda cheesy, so despite not being under the hood a whole lot, Santa gave me the hook up on the QuickLIFT PLUS system (middle model of the 3).

Install was cake. Maybe 45 minutes. Works like a charm. All the directions you need come with the struts, and you can see videos of them in action and photos at the below link, so I will not do my normal photo gallery of the install as they cover it all for you step-by-step. But I included the stock photo of the model I got. I even took out the prop rod, which ironically, you need to install this hood strut system ;)

see them here

post-2453-1230592357_thumb.gif

Yet another mod for ya... Redlines QuickLIFT PLUS system

Always have hated the prop rods, kinda cheesy, so despite not being under the hood a whole lot, Santa gave me the hook up on the QuickLIFT PLUS system (middle model of the 3).

Install was cake. Maybe 45 minutes. Works like a charm. All the directions you need come with the struts, and you can see videos of them in action and photos at the below link, so I will not do my normal photo gallery of the install as they cover it all for you step-by-step. But I included the stock photo of the model I got. I even took out the prop rod, which ironically, you need to install this hood strut system ;)

see them here

post-2453-1230592357_thumb.gif

niiiiice. Looks like the one the stock photos needs a little engine detailing done...yuck.

they claim they will.. "07-09 Ford Edge"

The only thing i could find on that web site provided was Ford Edge 2007 +....

I am assuming that they will work.. There was not a change in the hood between 08 and 09.. If i am wrong, can someone tell me..

Has anyone with a 2009 installed these?

They sell the same product on eBay.. same company, same product... and on their auction it says "07-09 Ford Edge", so I am extrapolating that for the exact same product on their website, it should be fine. but I agree it does not say it on their site - so I would say you are good to go. plus, body style did not change, so again, I would say good to go. but, you could always call or email em :)

and, as far as I know, I am the only one here who has installed these - unless someone else did, but never posted up.

they should be fine for you I would say

They sell the same product on eBay.. same company, same product... and on their auction it says "07-09 Ford Edge", so I am extrapolating that for the exact same product on their website, it should be fine. but I agree it does not say it on their site - so I would say you are good to go. plus, body style did not change, so again, I would say good to go. but, you could always call or email em :)

and, as far as I know, I am the only one here who has installed these - unless someone else did, but never posted up.

they should be fine for you I would say

How do you like them?

To my suprise, when i opened the hood at the dealership of the Edge i bought my wife for X-Mas, it had a prop!! The hood i think is heaver on that little edge than my F150 hood!! :shift: So i imagine that those struts come in handy!

Lex did you use the rivets or placed screws instead? The only thing I do not like from the whole package are those rivets, as honestly I do not feel secure with them, I have seen a couple of accidetns involving rivets in the past. Of course, at the end, all come to the quality of them, and the way they were installed, and also I'm assuming also that the metal in the hood reinforcement bars is not thick enough for a good thread there anyway...

Anyway mine will be in warranty for 6 more years, so the rod on the way is a problem that they eventually have to deal with, not me, honestly I have nothing to look under there, except for fluid checks once in a blue moon... :reading:

Edited by Kanatronic