Replaced 2011 MKX Battery - Ambient Temperature Not Working

Gustafa

Long story short, car started fine but after one stop this morning, came out to my 2011 Lincoln MKX and the brake was hard to push and no start, just solenoid constant click and the turn lights rapid flashing. 

Got my meter and some tools, pulled the postive battery fuse plate and tested the fuses, they were good. The battery would sit at 12.58v and I could arm the car via remote and that would drain it to 5v. 
I replaced the battery and she started right up, I thought I would have to plug in a radio code, nope all works great but the ambient temp sensor on the digital dials and the Sync are not showing.

Is this a reset button press procedure issue? I drove 20 minutes to the office and it never kicked on, I checked the Sync settings and its set to show Outside Temperature. I never ran through the climate controls for AC or heat.

Any input would be great. I know the ambient sensor is behind the grill cover, etc but it was working fine this morning, so Im assuming somethings not communication after a new battery.

On mine the temp sensor is in the air filter box - I disconnected it when I removed the air-box for better access when I recently replaced my battery.

Did you remove the air-box?

Also, do a search for how to reset the Battery Monitory System (BMS)

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1004ron said:

On mine the temp sensor is in the air filter box - I disconnected it when I removed the air-box for better access when I recently replaced my battery.

Did you remove the air-box?

Also, do a search for how to reset the Battery Monitory System (BMS)

You know, I did pop the cover off to move it slightly to get the battery out. I thought the ambient temp sensor was over on the passenger side behind the grill? I wonder if by moving that air box lid it did something?

For future reference, from the 2011 Edge/MKX Workshop Manual...

• Carry out the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Reset using the scan tool after the battery is connected. If the BMS Reset is not carried out, it takes approximately 8 hours for the Body Control Module (BCM) to learn the new battery state of charge. During this 8 hour period, the vehicle must be undisturbed, with no doors opened or keyless entry button presses. If the vehicle is used before the BCM is allowed to learn the new battery state of charge, engine off load shedding can still occur and a message may be displayed.

Additionally, the 2011 Edge/MKX's Ambient Air Temperature Sensor is located behind the grille, and removal of the Bumper Cover is required for access to the sensor...

image.png.939a01490d74917a1ad3754f0e199377.png

Ambient air temperature sensor

imagen2.dll?id=N0063143&w=750&t=JPG
image.png.27420da241d8a8e23ba1f3bb8996ba42.png

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Haz said:

For future reference, from the 2011 Edge/MKX Workshop Manual...

• Carry out the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Reset using the scan tool after the battery is connected. If the BMS Reset is not carried out, it takes approximately 8 hours for the Body Control Module (BCM) to learn the new battery state of charge. During this 8 hour period, the vehicle must be undisturbed, with no doors opened or keyless entry button presses. If the vehicle is used before the BCM is allowed to learn the new battery state of charge, engine off load shedding can still occur and a message may be displayed.

Ok, so it didnt sit after the battery install and everything seems to be ok? Do I need to do anything or just let it sit overnight now? Now you have me concerned LOL

Edited by 1004ron
No need to quote everyting
  • Like 1