what year does the edge come with brighter headlights?

2019+ Edge all Series/Group from SE up got bi LED low/high beams.

Prior to that, only Titanium/Limited had optional HID.

I haven't checked how they are for oncoming traffic, they are whiter than I am used to, but they have lots of shadow/dark areas that halogen projectors don't seem to have. As I get older I am having more issues with bright/misadjusted headlights from oncoming traffic, but it also probably has to do with more and more OEM LED and people installing LED bulbs in housing that they just do well in.

Edited by dabangsta
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 10:15 AM, jljbtm said:

I hate driving my wifes 2016 edge at night because the headlights are so dim my truck has nice white light

i had a 2016 with the standard halogen lights. they sucked so bad and i was so tired of white knuckling it home on the dark and winding road home with loads of deer, bears, and cougars that eventually i traded it in for a 2020 with LED headlights and they are infinitely better. vision at night is excellent. the adaptive lights that pivot left and right are great too. i tried various bulbs and toyed with the idea of putting LEDs of HIDs but it just didn't seem worth it. You've got to either change the headlight assembly or the whole car.

On 12/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, dabangsta said:

I haven't checked how they are for oncoming traffic, they are whiter than I am used to, but they have lots of shadow/dark areas that halogen projectors don't seem to have. As I get older I am having more issues with bright/misadjusted headlights from oncoming traffic, but it also probably has to do with more and more OEM LED and people installing LED bulbs in housing that they just do well in.

Agree with all of above. I currently own 3 vehicles with Halogen, LED and HID. The Mustang has factory HID projector lights and they outperform the other 2 by a wide margin.

I absolutely detest the new LED headlight systems. The glare they produce is a safety hazard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, dabangsta said:

In the 2019+ edges there is still wide disparity in headlight performance. I didn't know this until I had to get one replaced but the LED's in all the headlights that are not the Titanium Elite or top ST trim are pretty bad, at least according to the IIHS. You can tell if you have the "good" 2019 headlights if there are 2 separate lenses for low/high beams and if your turn signal is a strip and not a bulb. These headlights also turn with the wheel to give better cornering visibility. Kinda sucks but even with LED not all Edge lights are created equal.