no navigation update for my 2010 Edge Limited

Newbie here. Just bought a 2010 Edge Limitd with 89,000 km. I went to the Ford navigation site and put in my VIN and it came back "no update avaviable". Is that right that Ford does not have updates for my vehicle ?

If there is a update how do you install it into the car ?

I went to the site from the Navigation manual, which eventually goes to https://ford.navigation.com/home/en_US/FordNA/USD and when I put in 2010 Ford Edge I get the option for North America 2019 map updates for $150, https://ford.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Ford_Edge_2010/Ford-Lincoln-Mercury-North-America-Map-Update-V11-0x-Includes-Gracenote-Disc/sku/U2192-0000-811NAM/en_US/FordNA/USD

I am pretty sure yours has the DVD (that is not just the DVD for maps but also updates for the navigation). I am just spit balling here, I don't own a vehicle that has this version of navigation or SYNC, but I am pretty sure it is the same as the same genre Lincoln MKZ, I looked into updates when I was looking for a car, when I ended up with my 2012 Fusion (without nav, thank god, it is pretty bad). I assume you have the voice activated navigation with the buttons all around it and the 2 sorta knobs at the top corners?

You can probably find older ones on places like eBay, or maybe the current one, not sure.

Yes mine does have the buttons all around and the two knobs at the top corners. I have no idea if it is voice activated. There is only a 6 page card about the navigation system, totaly inadequate. 

I could not get a photo small enough to load under 4.88 MB so here is a link to a youtube video with photos of my screen.

I would say visit the owners site owners manuals, that has all the manuals (including the full navigation one), but you seem to not like them or be able to find things in them, but maybe a digital version that is searchable would help?

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/edge/2010/owner-manuals/

My 2019 has hundreds of new things that my 2012 Fusion doesn't, and dozens over my 2017 Escape it replaces, I spent a good few hours figuring stuff out, and as I find new things, I try to figure them out.

Ford discontinued map updates for all cars over 10 years old. I called Here about a year ago and they concured. (No more updates, sorry).

If I get in an area where the map software is out of date, I pop up Google Maps on my phone. It would be nice to update every couple of years, but with modern cell phones, it's no big deal.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, wemis said:

Would any of you want to share your dvds? I'd like to try to update mine.

If you have a 2009 or 2010, it won't work. The DVDs have a key burned into the application code tied to your radio. It checks your radio for this code before installing.