2014 Ford Edge. Armrest cover is torn and want to replace it.

The cover on my armrest finally ripped and I was wondering what fixes or replacements others have used. I keep my right elbow in the same spot and I now have a 2” tear in it. 

I found some really nice one for 2015, but not for 2014. Most of what I find are basically flat pieces that Velcro strap to the lid. I am not opposed to that, but so many look cheap. 

can anyone recommend a way to replace or cover the tear? 

I did find an actual cover that is made to replace your existing and it is an actual Ford product. The problem is that it was $130 and the prices went up from there. 

any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

I have just bought a imitation leather tan that matches my interior perfectly. It looks like I got to take the top off my armrest and your glue it on there. I just haven’t been able to figure out how I take the top off the consul cover without destroying some clips.  The imitation leather I purchased seems to be good quality, nice sewing job and they did have real leather as well but what I bought was 19 bucks.

2 hours ago, Dasher21591 said:

I have just bought a imitation leather tan that matches my interior perfectly. It looks like I got to take the top off my armrest and your glue it on there. I just haven’t been able to figure out how I take the top off the consul cover without destroying some clips.  The imitation leather I purchased seems to be good quality, nice sewing job and they did have real leather as well but what I bought was 19 bucks.

Where did you buy it? I saw some online but was worried about how to put it on, how to take the old one off and how it would look. 

I purchased it on ebay. They had some nice leather as well. item ID 173908681770  I to am concerned about putting it on.  I believe it will require some contact adhesive witch is fine my concerns are taking the old one off without breaking clips or whatever is holding it on.   I will try to send two photo's but I've had issues getting my attachments to load on to this forum. Well see

Armrest cover.JPG

Ebay Armrest invoice.JPG