Door Sill Protection Ideas

Jdw

Hi everyone! Returning Ford owner with my new-used 2021 Ford Edge SEL. AWD, I am hoping the forums members can point in the right direction. Looking for ideas for door sill protection for the painted sills, I have looked online and everything appears to carbon fibre looks, which on white paint may not look the best.(just my opinion) i am looking for something to prevent paint damage from shoes etc….. what have you used or recommend?Thanks 

There are also clear options. I found some 2.75 (70mm) wide stuff that cover the horizontal sill and .5 inches down the vertical. I am not sure how well it will work as I haven't gotten it in yet. I also ordered some carbon fiber look cheapo stuff, I think it would look okay on any color, mine is Magnetic so probably not stand out as much as on white.

I wish they didn't call the plastic part a scuff panel and the vertical part a kick panel, because everyone else in my household scuffs the heck out of them, I am more worried about how crappy those will look in the near future than the painted sill.

• Like 1

Thanks, I was leaning towards the clear plastic tape idea as well, I seen similar tape on Amazon thinking it would be best against my white paint.  Could you let me know what you ended up with and where purchased….. I also found that scotch guard 3m makes a tape for specific paint protection used on vehicle hoods and exposed areas…….

I have a platinum white 2009 mkx, oem scuff plates, plenty of kids and passengers passed through it. No scratches on the painted edges. The scuff plates are scuffed, but who cares? 

I'd say, live with it and put a good quality of wax on the paint. (Mine is still holding up from the last time I had it in for a detail).

• Like 1